6 Underground [Four X Reader]

Imagine being the first person One recruits. You're someone who likes to work behind the curtains, so it takes a while before you meet the full team. And when you do, it's not under the best of circumstances, but it does get you face to face with Four- the guy you'd secretly been crushing on since One showed you his file.

◈◈◈

Living in an abandoned airfield out in the middle of nowhere is not where you saw your life heading, but it was a hell of a lot better than living under the government's microscope all because they were wary of your mind. You had been picked up by the government in your late teens, your crimes being that of supplying criminals with gadgets far too advanced to be in their hands. But instead of locking you up, the government hired you to supply the good guys with technology only your mind had been able to come up with and make.

Eventually you noticed their leash on you was getting shorter and shorter, and eventually you made a run for it. And while on the run, that's when One made his introduction.

One was a genius himself, but he needed more brain power on his side to do what he wanted to do. And while helping stage a coup d'état had never crossed your mind, you couldn't help but want to when One told you all the terrible things Rovach Alimov did in Turgistan.

So after One helped you discreetly move all the money in your bank account to where he stored his apparent billions, he faked your death. It was a little trickier than he anticipated since the government was bound to make sure you were actually dead, but he accomplished it and then quickly moved you into an abandoned airfield where he set up shop.

"You're a ghost now," he says when leading you to your own trailer, "so you need a new name with no attachments and one that won't cause any attachments."

"What? Like One?" You huff a laugh.

One looks at you, expression affronted. "What's wrong with One?"

"I'm not going to be Two," you deadpan. "I'm all for staging a coup, but I suck at being a badass. I'm just the girl behind the curtain supplying you with cool toys. Might as well just call me Oz."

One opens his mouth to retort, but then hums. "Huh. Oz. I like it."

Over the months, as One solidifies his plans for what he's looking for in a team (even though he refuses to call them a team), he gets you comfortable in hand-to-hand combat and weapon's training

Over the months, as One solidifies his plans for what he's looking for in a team (even though he refuses to call them a team), he gets you comfortable in hand-to-hand combat and weapon's training. He whips you into shape, ignoring your whining the entire time, and surprises you after he deems you ready with an English Mastiff he saved from the streets.

You take the time to booby-trap the airfield, setting out sensors and setting up trip wires. You and One manage to get more trailers moved onto your base of operations, and in your down time you slowly start to make them livable for when he eventually recruited the others.