Marvel [Peter X Reader]

Imagine having your heart broken and none other than your best friend comes to the rescue. Old feelings emerge and you're stuck facing the fact that you were never really over Peter Parker.

Warnings: Spoilers for the movie 'After' on Netflix. If you plan on watching that movie, do not read this. Trust me. The big twist in the movie is what I'm using here to kick start things off.

◈◈◈

He lied.

He lied and they all knew.

Your mind keeps playing over the last half hour, uncaring that you've been walking in the pouring rain for just as long. Your heart is completely shattered and your stomach is in knots over how stupid you'd been. And since your thoughts are all over the place, you don't second guess yourself when you plop down on a random bench in the middle of a park. A sob escapes your mouth, then another and you angle your face towards the sky to let the rain wash away your tears.

You don't know how long you've been sitting in the rain, all cried out, but eventually you start to shiver. You're completely soaked through and you're pretty sure the phone in your pocket is no good. And given that your roommate was one of the several who'd betrayed you and you pushed away all your own friends when you were in love, there's not exactly anywhere you can go.

The only thing you can do is hope to find a hotel room just for the night, but even then you're not sure how much money is in your bank account. So with your only plan crumbling before it could fully form, you pull yourself to your feet and make up your mind to find some sort of shelter for the night.

You haven't even taken seven steps when a familiar voice freezes you in your place. "Y/N? Are you okay?"

Hesitantly turning around, you self consciously cross your arms over your chest right before you spot Spiderman who's clinging to the side of a light pole. "Hey, Pet- uh, Spiderman. H-How are you?" Your shivering makes you stammer and you clamp your teeth to keep them from chattering.

"I'm good," he answers, his head tilting in curiosity. "What are you doing out in the rain, Y/N?"

"Oh. You know, just enjoying the-"

"Y/N."

You sigh, your arms dropping. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Go back to your dorm. Your immune system sucks. Always has."

"I.. I can't."

"Why?"

"I don't-"

"-wanna talk about it," Peter sighs. "I figured." He drops from the pole, water splashing beneath his feet as he closes the distance between the two of you. You tense, but he stops just shy of touching you and you refuse to look up and meet his gaze. "Climb on. It'll be like old times," he finally says. "We'll stay at May's and then I'll swing you by your dorm in the morning."

"I don't want to burden May with-"

"Y/N," Peter muses quietly. His hand reaches up to touch just beneath your chin and he angles your face so you're staring at his own mask covered face. "May loves you. She's always loved you," he tells you. "Now climb on. I can get us there quicker than you can run."

As he holds his arms out at his sides you stare at him in disbelief. For a moment your heartache disappears and you bark out a quick laugh. Memories from high school come flooding back- memories of Peter telling you about his superpowers and then he swinging you around the city when you needed to get out of your mind.