HP [Harry X Reader] pt. 2

Imagine returning to Hogwarts for a repeat year after the war and getting to know Harry Potter. Then with graduation quickly coming up, where exactly do the two of you stand?

. .

. .

When New Years came around, you found yourself wallowing again. This time, however, you skipped heading down to Hogsmeade and making a fool of yourself. Instead, you visited the kitchens where a couple of elves were more than happy to whip you up some butterbeer for later that evening. Then at dinner, you got a mysterious owl to head to the Astronomy tower before midnight. So you did, but not before picking up your butterbeer from the elves. And when midnight struck, you were in awe of the firework show you were able to witness.

Weasley twins. Those fireworks, as brilliant as they were, could only be the work of those insane twins. So as you sat with your legs dangling over the side of the tower, you sipped on your butterbeer while watching dragons, phoenixes, and all sorts of creatures glide through the sky while various colors exploded all around them and twirled in intricate patterns. And afterwards, you penned a quick note thanking them and complimenting their brilliance.

You traded a few letters with the Weasley twins over the remainder of your break, and they surprised you with how open and flirtatious they could be. They talked about some good memories they had of Hogwarts and how you weren't as much of a wallflower as you thought you were, and you explained to them how different things were at Hogwarts now especially for the Eighth years. They, surprisingly, were a breath of fresh air while you waited for your friends to return.

Then when the students all returned, you barely had time to sit down with anyone that first week of school as it seemed to overwhelm everyone just being back. The Seventh and Eighth year students threw themselves back into their work to ensure they did above average on their N.E.W.T.S, and no one had time to do anything other than sleep, eat and work.

Friday evening, after dinner, you laid out on the common room floor in front of the fire with a decorative pillow shoved under your head as Hermione and Neville sat on the couches talking about the latest essay they were writing. Your eyes are closed, fingers clasped over your abdomen when suddenly there's someone pushing your hands up and settling their head atop your abdomen.

Hermione and Neville fall silent as your eyes fly open, and you glance downward to see Harry nuzzling his cheek against your stomach while reaching up to grab your hand and place it in his hair. "Do the- do the thing," he mumbles. You readily slide your fingers into his hair, nails scraping his scalp. He groans. "Remind me again why I decided to torture myself with another year of schooling instead of using my status to get me whatever job I wanted?"

"Because you're a respectable wizard who wanted to complete his education before sitting on his arse all day at home and letting his fame go to his head."

"Right. That's why."

Chuckling, you tug on his hair before laying your head back down. The quietness, however, reminds you of your other two friends. Glancing over at Hermione and Neville, your fingers still in Harry's hair. "What?"

Neville's lips twitch. "That's a new development," he says while gesturing to you and Harry.

"You think so?" You ask, scratching Harry's scalp a little hard and smirking when he groans a little louder. "Don't you think Harry's a little too comfortable for this being a new development?"

Hermione laughs. "Apparently Harry gets head scratches all the time before bed. He complained all break long about not getting a proper sleep because YN wasn't there."