Chapter - 54

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 54 / 'Zero to 60'
By: mike hurley

Note: All Shattered Dreams chapters are also available on 'WattPad'

🦋🦋🦋

Ty.......honey.......we're home!! Ty!!
Let's get you upstairs & into bed; you've got a big day tomorrow......

Amy!! I'm so tired!!

She reached into the bed of the GMC, grabbed their bags & headed up the outdoor staircase.
In a moment Amy returned to try & wake Ty again......

Ty, you need to get up & come upstairs.
I can cook you an egg if you're hungry; I'm afraid there's not much in the fridge.
I'll run to the grocery store tonight.

I don't want you going alone to the grocery store tonight Amy.

Ty.......we live in Boone, the cops are bored in this town!! I'm a big girl, and it's only 8:30, come on.......I know you're tired sweetie!!
But you need to wake up..

Amy heard footsteps approaching......

Hi Amy!!

Hi Mrs Jackson!!
How are you??

Oh you know.....my daughter & her 3 young children were just here. I love when they come for a visit, but my place is a mess; I thought I'd walk downtown & get a coffee before I start dishes.

Your grandchildren are so cute!! The little girl with the pony tail is Camile??

Yes that's her, she's beginning to boss her two older brothers around!!

Good for her!! Amy replied with a laugh!!

How was the Fairgrounds Amy, were there many injured horses from the fire??

Yes, a lot!!
We were so busy & Ty got thrust into a few surgeries that he wasn't prepared for.
An aorta ruptured & really freaked him out.

So it was sink or swim??

Yeah pretty much, I've heard that's how medical school and vet schools operate.
They keep their students on their toes, doing procedures they've never seen before. They're expected to ask questions and then go & figure it out!!

Ty saved the horse with the ruptured aorta didn't he??

Yes. ......How'd you know??

Ty's a very caring & impressive young man.
Erik speaks very highly of him!!

Amy smiled and glanced at Ty......he was so handsome.
But I can't wake him up!! We didn't get much sleep.

He's sound asleep!! He looks exhausted!!
You drove home Amy??

Yeah I'm a little tired, it was a 3 hour drive.

Have you driven in the mountains before??
Going over those passes is stressful especially at night.

This was my first time driving in the
Smokey Mountains, but Ty taught me how to drive back in Alberta. Our ranch is in the foothills of the Rockies. He had me drive up into the mountains quite a bit for practice.
He was a little perturbed with me at first...

Amy lowered her voice to sound like a man & recalled Ty's frustration.....

"Amy, you can't use your brakes all the way down.....you'll burn them up!! Downshift into 2nd and use the transmission to slow us down. Alternate between the brakes & transmission so neither one overheats"!!
I felt like saluting him but I didn't!!

Mrs Jackson laughed; men think they know everything about everything!!
Maybe we should carry him upstairs Amy!!
I can help you.

Amy laughed & replied; well he carries me around like I'm a feather.
But I think we'd be hard pressed to carry Ty. He's a big man.