Chapter - 11

Shattered Dreams; she wouldn't even say good-bye.

A love Story ❤️❤️
By; mike hurley
Based on the TV series Heartland on CBC

Chapter 11 / Heath and Ellie

Amy and Spartan had each spent 2 days in the hospital. Amy woke up early & couldn't sleep. As hard as she tried, she couldn't get Ty off her mind. It was 5:00 am, she smelled coffee brewing, her Grandfather was always up early. She reached over for her phone and looked at Ty's number & looked at the history. In the last 3 days she had tried to call Ty 11 times and always got his voice mail. He was starting to piss her off. Furthermore, she sent 5 texts, thanking him for rescuing her, apologizing again for her unwarranted and rude comment about visiting Blair in Minneapolis, remembering old times they had,.........the first time they met, kissed, and made out in his loft.  Val once told her, sex is all guys ever think about......so she reminded him of the first time he took her bra off, she typed;  I could tell you liked touching me Ty!!

Amy asked him to try one more time to repair their relationship.
She was scared of losing Ty for good and was doing everything she could think of to change his mind. She even offered to come to him wherever he was and informed Ty she would happily restart her birth control pills to please him.

Now, after no reply of any kind and offering so much to him, including her body, she was becoming angry and suspected Ty had a new girl friend. Her emotions were still a wreck!! One minute she thought about how she might please him in bed, the next she desperately wanted to kick him in the balls.

She read a new text from Caleb, asking if he could borrow Ty's loft for a couple days; he and Ashley had a big fight an hour ago.

Amy decided to ask Caleb where Ty was; She knew they were best friends.

                                🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙🚙

Ty yawned & rubbed his neck, this was the longest road trip he had ever taken.  He flew along the Interstate at 80 mph heading south.  In a moment Ty saw a big sign ahead:  Junction ..... Interstate 80.
2 minutes later, he slowed and took the exit for
I-80 East.  His mind drifted from wondering what an American college would be like, to making new friends there.   In his mind, Ty examined every key component of his engine.  Making a mental list of what maintenance would be due when he arrived.  Something suddenly fell from his duffle-bag side pocket to the floor.  Ty leaned over & felt on the passenger floorboard for whatever it was that fell.

Oh crap!!  He scolded himself for not being more careful with his duffle bag zippers.  He lifted up his stethoscope and ever so carefully slipped it into the big bags main compartment where it would be safe with his clothes.  Ty sighed and remembered the morning Amy gave him the stethoscope.  It was beautiful, a
Littmann Core, and according to Scott, Amy paid over $300.00 for it.  Ty smiled as he remembered listening to Amy's heart and the sweet smile on her face.

He had tried to give it back to her at their breakup, but she insisted he keep it.  For the umpteenth time Ty wallowed through the flow chart in his mind.
Checking and rechecking his motives in continuing on
to North Carolina from Minnesota.  Amy begged him to return to Heartland and work out their differences.
Amy was convinced they could patch things up.

Ty's help with the bear attack had changed Amy's heart.  But Ty knew she would never in a million years drop her demands that he apologize for kissing and having sex with Blair in Utah.  Amy was convinced Ty had filled Blair with his seed; and nothing & no
one would convince her other wise.

Ty didn't have much to his name except his integrity and his word.  He'd never lie to Amy about Blair......nothing happened except an innocent kiss she initiated in the barn.  But Amy wanted Ty's confession like Shakespeare's pound of flesh.   
Ty knew living in Alberta would be a decent into failure.  He couldn't afford a room or apartment in Hudson.  He'd barely be able to pay his tuition.
Where would money for books, food, gas, truck repairs, clothes, insurance and all the rest come from.