Chapter - 48

Shattered Dreams
Chap 48 / Promises for a Lifetime
By: Mike Hurley

Ty started Erik's truck & pulled out onto the street. Amy and Dorothy sat in the back seat; Sadie sat up front with Ty; she was terribly excited.

Ty, my dad said that when I'm older, I could do volunteer work at the clinic. Like feed the animals, clean cages, walk the dogs & tell them & the cats stories. But do you really think a dog or a cat is going to enjoy a story. I mean seriously, they don't understand our language, you know??

Ty waited for a pedestrian, then turned onto Fir Street. Well Sadie, based on things I've learned in vet school and witnessed working with your dad. Many inter species communication actually works. But first, we need to ascertain why a cat or dog might need to hear a story? If the animal isn't feeling well, or is stressed out, lonely, or scared; your voice can help them relax, feel safe, and even help the healing process. They may not understand what you're reading them, but your body language & tone of your voice can work wonders. But you know who the expert on that sunject is??

Who??

Ms Fleming!!

Sadie turned & pointed at Amy......that's you!! She said with a grin.

Sadie, you should spend a day with Amy at the Boone Therapeutic Riding Center!! She can communicate with animals in amazing ways.
You'll be really surprised!!

Hey Amy!! Why isn't your last name 'Borden',
like Ty's??

Well, you'll have to ask Ty that question sometime!!

Dorothy motioned for Sadie not to pry in Amy & Ty's business.

🦋🦋🦋

Stumpy, you feel like grabbing some breakfast at Maggies?? I don't feel like cooking this morning.

Sure Jack, we already ate, but I'll meet you there; I love the new coffee Maggie is serving.
I need to talk to you about something anyways....

🦋🦋🦋

The Maybach Exelero signaled then turned into an underground parking garage. Ashley and her dad looked at her childhood photos, Dan had loaded into the cars entertainment computer. At the bottom of the ramp, the main garage door opened on its own. The sleek 700 horsepower sedan purred through wide corridors then turned into another descending ramp; at the bottom were six, 10 car garages. One of the garage doors opened on its own. The Maybach signaled, then using only 4 cylinders, slowly turned into the open garage and parked itself, then after a short self diagnosis check, turned off all 12 cylinders. The driver & passenger doors opened automatically, while a soft & sexy female voice said: the surroundings are safe; you may exit the vehicle....welcome home!!

What kind of car is this dad?? It drives itself!! How crazy!! Ashley asked from the passenger seat??

It's a Maybach. I can send it on errands to the cleaners or grocery stores. It's quite intelligent and capable.

Caleb would ask what it's zero to 60 time is.

My zero to 60 time interval is 4 seconds. The sexy female voice answered.

OMG Dad!! Your car monitored our conversation and answered my question.....that's sort of freaky!!

Dan Stanton smiled and replied;
My only obsession in life is fast, super expensive cars.

How fast does this thing go??

350 KPH, or 218 MPH, the sexy voice replied.

Ashley stepped out then picked up a pebble from the floorboard where her feet had been.