Chapter 21

Shattered Dreams Chap 21
'Ty heard Amy crying'
By: Mike Hurley

......Hi Amy.  I'm pretty good. Sure, can I talk to Harley.......no, wait, it's going to make me too sad to talk to him. Just um, just tell Harley.........I said hi & I miss him.  He's a good boy.

Sure Ty, I'll tell him. He is a good boy; we're out on a ride right now. I'll put my phone on speaker so he can hear your voice.

How are you Amy??

Oh pretty good. Same old stuff, just staying busy.

Good.

So how's Jack?

Um, good, he's really good. I know he misses you Ty. His truck broke down last week, he & Stumpy went fishing for a few days recently.
They caught a bunch of trout.

How's the weather been??

Oh, it's been warm here, we've been leaving all the windows open at night & the barn is stifling. Your loft is pretty hot too.

Ty, I hear you're going back to school; how's that going??

Good, all my credits from Calgary transferred here. It's great!!

Good

Are you studying veterinary sciences again??

Yes.

What's your hardest class??

Applied Biology. Lots of dissection and lab work.

Is it nice there??

Amy, I heard you're trying to figure out where I'm at & come here??

Well, don't Amy. You made it pretty clear I needed to get away from you. So I've moved on. I have a new life here & I'm seeing someone.

Plus, I'm safe here; I don't have some girl telling me I'm just like my dad!!

Ty!! I apologized for that comment numerous times!! What do I have to do for you to forgive me?? 

I tried calling you the next day but you changed your number Ty!!  Why??

Well, Amy, I apologized numerous times for bringing Blair home on the back of my bike. Where did those apologizes get me??

You could have stayed in Hudson Ty. We could have figured this out.

No Amy I couldn't.  I couldn't afford an apartment, tuition, books, gas, insurance, food & everything else.

Plus, everywhere I looked in that town it reminded me of us. Do you have any idea how bad it hurt to move away?? Heartland was my home. My patents rejected me, and then you.

I made one mistake & the life & girl I loved was all gone.  One mistake!!

Ty, I'm sorry!!

Ty heard Amy crying.

Oh God Ty!! I never meant to hurt you!!

Come on Amy!! Leaving my stuff on the table in a box hurt more than a kick to my nuts!!
It hurt more than what my parents did to me.

Amy heard the emotion in Ty's voice....  

Ty are you crying??

Amy, it hurt the most because the only person I ever opened up to, and trusted,....... and loved was you. Somehow I got the feeling you enjoyed seeing me go. Like you were tired of me.

Ty!! Please!! That's so not true!! I was as upset as you!!

Ty, listen to me, there's more to what happened than you know. I need to see you in person and ask your forgiveness. I can't do it over the phone!!  I can't!!