Chapter - 37

Shattered Dreams
Chap 37 / 'The Pajama Theory'
By; mike hurley

Good morning!! We'll be right with you; just turning the computers on!!!

Ty walked along the counters, amazed at all the rings, watches, earrings, on and on.
Finally he spotted a necklace display & saw some lockets too. He ran his eyes from one to another, going left to right, top to bottom. Nothing caught his eye.......but wait; he stared at the first necklace of the last row. A pretty gold locket was attached.........it had tiny fine scrolling on the locket that formed a flower. But he had to look just at the right angle to see it. The etching was intricate and only visible when he stood off to the side. The locket was simple, and quiet, yet the flower was so intricate. He stepped back and stared, it was perfect.......unassuming, yet so elegant. Ty smiled as he imagined Amy wearing it. He looked at it from every angle, and was in love........with Amy,......and the locket & necklace. He pulled up his bank app and saw the balance he had in savings......  $833.91. Friday he would add another $100.00 from his paycheck for working part time at the clinic. Ty calculated in his mind......

Thanks for waiting!! What are looking for??

Um, a necklace & matching locket.

Nice choice; did you have a price range in mind??

$200.00, but maybe $300.00 tops if I found something really nice.

Who's it for??

My girlfriend......Amy.

Hi!!  I'm TracyAnne, what was your name??

Um, Ty.  Ty Borden.

It's nice to meet you Ty!!

Let me show you a few things Amy might like in the next aisle.

But I saw one here I love, it's really pretty!'

Oh, I'm sorry, everything is that case is quite a bit more than the price you're thinking.

Oh. 

Ty stared at the little locket & necklace & stood just right and saw the rose again. He tore his eyes away and silently groaned as he met TracyAnne in the back aisle.

From here to here, you'll find lots of pretty choices. Silver here, and 14 carot gold on the right. Why don't you browse & I'll be right back to pull some out for you to see.

Ty nodded his head and studied each one. In less than 2 minutes he had seen them all and only 2 sort of caught his eye.

See anything?!

Um, this one & three down from it.

Lovely choices. You like the gold?!

Yes.

Well these two are nice, how much are they??

This one is $149.00 on sale, and yes this is on clearance for $99.00.

Do you like one over the other??

No....., but, you know I saw one up front that's got Amy's name all over it. Could I just see how much??

Of course Ty...... let's go look.

This one..... the one with the disappearing rose.

Oh my, that's sooooo beautiful. We got that in a few weeks ago. It's a cool story, two brothers in Maine started making these last year. The younger brother is seeing impaired, he's legally blind & he etches the roses on the lockets. He gets a real rose every morning & feels the pedals and such, then does the etching on about 20 lockets that day.