Chapter - 56

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 56 / 'After all we've been through'
By; mike hurley

It was a gorgeous day at the
Boone Retirement Center, volunteers were planting privet and rose bushes around a new fountain donated by the
Smokey Mountain Hardware Store. 

Gardens of red & yellow tulips danced in the North Winds morning caress.
Birds sang and soared on the winds & brought joy to the day.
Bumblebees buzzed & worked hard for their Queen. Crickets & lightning bugs napped in the tall forest grasses.
Grandfather Mountain watched all the activity and was happy.

Out behind the building, nestled into the woods, a mini amphitheater was filled with actors from the High School.  About 20 senior residents sat about the area, some at tables playing Bridge and Pinnacle. 

Others sipped coffee & watched actors practice for the play;
'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'; and dreamt of being young again.

An all electric 2019 white Chevy Malibu 4
door silently pulled into the Retirement Center parking lot; a pretty logo adorned the front doors.....
'Boone Animal Clinic'.......'Where Pets are Family'!

Amy stepped out of the Malibu & walked toward the front door.
She admired the new rose bush garden.
A 'scarlet tanager' perched high in a weeping Willow tree, sang an 850 year old song, that was almost as gorgeous as Amy was.

Amy was dressed in denim blue shorts and a pretty, red top, Barbara bought for her. The curves of her soft breasts that Ty so adored, were slightly visible. Her hair was tied in a cute pony tail, and of course, she wore Ty's lovely locket.

Amy was extra beautiful today, almost radiant. Her rosy cheeks flush with a contagious happiness. Everything in her life was close to perfect.
Her smile could stop men's hearts all the way to Georgia.

Amy still couldn't believe she actually found Ty,  thousands of miles away in another country.
She was living with him. Showering with him. Cooking meals with him; cleaning their apartment together, & seeing their clothes swirling together in the wash machine.

.......And their socks & underwear actually shared drawers & snuggled up with each other.

'Amy & Ty' was what their friends called them;
Mallory came up with that.

Amy loved snuggling with Ty on the sofa & feeling his hands enjoying her body during love making. Ty knew her better than anyone........Amy smiled as she thought of Ty holding her, & listening intently to her worries and dreams. He gently encouraged her, and believed in her.

Amy was the most important person in Ty's life; he would do anything for her.

Ty constantly protected Amy, she felt so safe in his arms.
They were a couple now, totally relaxed with each other. Ty had finally gotten over his qualms of Amy seeing him pee,
..........and this morning she stood next to her company car, behind the animal clinic and kissed him, for way more than just a few seconds.

Amy could still taste Ty's lips & feel his broad shoulders and thick brown hair.  They were perfect together.....
They folded each other's clothes and knew how much salt each liked on their eggs, .......how much cream in his coffee, and how much orange juice she liked in the morning.
In a few years they would become
Amy & Ty Borden. A few more years, and Amy would lay a child in his arms.  Amy grinned, as she thought of someday looking into Ty's pretty eyes and telling him........
'You're going to be a father'!!

Ty knew how to make a woman feel special; he opened doors for Amy, helped her with her chair, and on those long romantic walks to Jenny's, he insisted she take the first few bites of the ice cream cone they shared.