Chapter-2

Shattered Dreams
A love Story ❤️❤️
'The Letter'
By; mike hurley

Based on the TV series Heartland on CBC
Chapter 2

Ty set Amy's box of his stuff in the back of his pickup. He was shaken up and hurt. He had tried to mend their relationship the only way he knew how, being nice to Amy, and trying to buy Lightning Dexter for her. He had hoped in the weeks ahead they could talk and work things out, but seeing all their photos and keepsakes just tossed into a cardboard box, was like driving his heart 60 mph into a tree. Was that all that was left of their love?? A cardboard box?? Ty had withdrawn a huge chunk of his savings to help Amy's emotions with that horse. He had hurt her severely with Blair, Ty hoped she would have acknowledged his gesture. He knew Amy better than anyone, but now he wondered who she was.

His time with Caleb last night was a waste of energy and hope. He wondered what 'dead hope' was called??

He slipped the GMC into gear as he watched Chase Powers wooing Amy with his charms. He heard her giggle and added anger to the many emotions filling his thoughts. If she wanted to totally end their relationship, Amy could have had the guts and decency to hand him the box personally. Maybe say good bye or go to hell, but at least she could have looked Ty in the eye. He was sorry for hurting her with the whole Blair thing, but Ty was mad at Amy too, with her 'relationship' with Chase. He was such a self centered, egotistical creep!! He didn't know who was worse, Blair or Chase. Ty started to call Amy a bitch in his mind, but couldn't. He just couldn't. He would never in a million years do that. But he was still pissed off and extremely hurt. His feelings were just trampled.

He felt like Amy had kicked him in the balls last week, seen how upset and hurt he was, then moments ago kicked him again, the hardest she could, twice!! Once with the box and once with her stupid note!! 'I hope your time at Heartland was good'!! WTF? Who did she think she was?? He thought of how kind Marion had been to him and Jack being a father to him. Ty began sobbing as he drove off the Heartland property. His eyes were so wet and blurry he couldn't see the road.

Ty was done with Amy, Heartland, Chase Powers, and all the rest. He stepped on the gas and decided to get out of Hudson for good. He couldn't be hurt any more. His family had stepped all over Ty for years, soiling his heart with lies, and the absence of love. It hurt him; drove him into a life of delinquency. Well this time Ty picked up his heart and moved on.
Amy Fleming didn't appreciate how hard he had tried to change. He had become an honorable man, far from perfect, with many faults. But, did he deserve to be treated like a total loser?? Ty had feelings too. He stopped crying but a couple tears trickled down his face as he passed the mailbox where months ago Amy said she loved him. She asked for his promise ring back. He slammed on the brakes and threw his truck into reverse. Ty parked by the mailbox and got out. From a distance he saw Chase doing his coy Chase thing. Amy was standing right next to Chase and cracked up laughing about something; she leaned into his chest and grabbed his arm. That's it!! He told himself. He was beyond pissed!!

He picked up the cardboard box from the truck bed and dug threw it. He found an envelope from McClain Photography & inside was the professional portrait he and Amy had done last year. He pulled it out & just seeing how happy they looked choked him up. There was an invoice inside, he bought the photo for Amy. She wanted their photo taken, to show their kids someday. He paid $75.00 for it. Ty turned it over and dug through his glovebox and found a pen. He wrote a note on the back side of the invoice;

Dear Amy,
This box is bullshit!! You didn't have the guts to hand it to me in person, or even say good by?? I truly am sorry how I hurt you. I never in a million years would ever meant to hurt you. I'm sorry you couldn't forgive me.
Amy, this hurts, it hurts a lot. I know you're mad, but I don't deserve this.
I guess this means we're done for good.
Well that's sad, because I still love you. I guess I'll rip my heart out & toss it in your box. I'm guessing that's what you want.
I hope you find happiness. I wish you the very best in everything you do.
Take care of yourself.