Chapter - 32

Shattered Dreams

Chapter 32 / by: Mike Hurley
'A kiss that means something'

Amy carried the box she had given Ty, and ran across Virginia Ave. She walked two more blocks and turned onto a quiet, and tree lined street. She saw their home right away; it had to be.....  It was a sprawling single story home, an average sized front yard with 2 stately old, live oak trees looking down on everything. A long drive was on the west side and disappeared behind the home.

Amy saw the acreage behind and on the east side. A lonely & small guest cottage was hiding behind magnolia bushes. Fruit trees stood politely between the home & guest cottage.

An old style lamppost stood on the slightly winding front walk. Amy walked past it and set her box down on the front porch.
She saw a robin nest on a low swooping oak branch over a loveseat swing to her left. The male was out foraging & the female fussed & squawked to persuade Amy to leave.

She checked her text; 179 Blue Ridge Parkway Drive, matched the address above the front door.

Amy rang the bell and admired a nearby pretty flower garden without a single weed. All the flowers watched her, wondering who this young woman from Canada was. Amy saw the touch of Barbara everywhere, including the welcome mat, with raised letters that said;
'All are welcome here'. It was a peaceful place....

The door opened and a young girl said 'hello'; With a preoccupied smile.

My mom saw you on the camera & asked me to invite you in. Would you like some tea??

No, but thank you!! Replied Amy.
She picked up her box and followed the girl in.

I'm Amy, a friend of your moms.... you must be Sadie. The girl smiled and asked; what's in the box??  That's a picture of Ty; do you know him?? 

Amy smiled and softly said; yes, we're friends......

You mean like boyfriend & girlfriend??

Something like that!! Amy replied.

Well Ty just broke up with Ellie; are you moving into her room??  Sadie asked.

No!! Amy said with a slight giggle.

Sadie pointed to a large guest bedroom a few feet from a massive & bright family room; this is my cousin Ellie's room. She went home & I miss her. She used to curl my hair & paint my finger & toe nails. Sadie held her hand and foot out & Amy saw the fading paint. 

She choose a pretty color for you, it matches your blue eyes..... Amy said.

Ellie has blue eyes too. Ty liked her; I saw them kissing once. He didn't like going in her room. She asked him inside, you know..... but he didn't have any pajamas.

Her other boyfriends slept in the same bed with her. But they both wore pajamas. You know, if a girl doesn't wear pajamas & sleeps in the same bed with a boy, she gets pregnant!! Every time!! You can't be too careful!!

I always wear pajamas!! Sadie exclaimed!!

Ellie cleaned her room before she left, go in and look if you want..... 

See that room down there?? Sadie pointed down the hall in the other direction.
Thats the sitting room, I'm supposed to take guests there, while I get my mom.

My mom said you were nice & she likes you, and you ride horses.

But I like you too, and my mom talked about you & Ty at dinner last night. She said Ty used to love you. So, I figured you're sort of like family, you know. Did you wear pajamas when you slept with Ty??