Chapter - 58

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 58
'Partners'
By; Mike Hurley

Amy turned onto 8th street & was driving to the clinic. Her mind was full of memories of grandpa. His many grins & smiles, sage advice, & grimaces when she hugged him.
Amy missed him...........

Amy parked her company car in its parking spot, behind Boone Animal Clinic.
She looked in the mirror and groaned at the site of her tear damaged mascara. Everyone would know she'd been crying......
She gathered her things & locked the car, then typed 6 digits into the clinic rear door keypad.

It beeped twice & unlocked the door.
She stepped inside & made a beeline for the basement.
In a moment, Amy closed the tiny women's room door and stared into the mirror.

She looked at her cheeks and forehead, then smiled, and frowned. She peered into her eyes and suddenly like finding a key piece to a puzzle........Amy stepped back and saw him.......

Amy saw the very faint outline of Grandpa Jack's face on hers. She did resemble him a little.....
She bore the likeness of the man who had been a rock in her life. Every crisis, calamity, or sadness that stopped at Amy's heart......met an equal amount of protection and encouragement from Grandpa. He had always been there for Amy; often forgetting his own sadness, to carry her through tough times.

Amy opened her phone app & scrolled to one of her favorite photos.....
Ty and Grandpa having a serious conversation on the Ranch House porch. Ty was so handsome & sooooo much like Grandpa. Amy's young man cared deeply for her........

She turned on the warm faucet & checked her texts while the water slowly changed from cold to warm. No new texts from Cindy.
She set her phone down and washed her face.
One of Amy's strongest rules with herself since moving to Boone was......
'Always look pretty for Ty'.

In a moment, Amy applied a very thin, evening layer of blush & make up; then opened her 6 pack of lipsticks & pulled out cherry.......
It was Ty's favourite. Ty always kissed her, even when they had been apart for just minutes. She wanted her lips to taste good for Ty.

Next, Amy pulled off her 'Boone Animal Clinic'
company shirt & adjusted her bra a little. She needed Ty not to forget she was a woman.

Amy would soon be flying home and had no idea how she leave Ty for a few weeks.

Amy & Ty would enjoy their last few days together.
She would give him a few glances down her top, a pretty scent to drive him wild with desire........

Amy knew how to please Ty, and it began with little moments throughout their day; intimate teases to his testosterone fueled mind.......with just enough cleavage to make his eyes linger, or, when they were alone, the slightest touch to a place on his body, that no other woman would ever enjoy.......

Amy slipped her shirt back on, walked upstairs & found the place empty, except for a few barking dogs in the overnight hospital room.
Amy peeked in all the exam rooms, then pushed the door open to the large surgical room.
Amy headed toward the back & saw a light on in the lab.
She smiled, knocked lightly, so as not to startle him & walked in.....

Ty........!!!

Amy ran to Ty & sighed as his arms enveloped her. He held her tightly and whispered...... it's ok, it's ok, ......it's ok Amy!! I'm here!!
Everything's going to ok.
Amy could sense Ty knew her every emotion. Especially her fear about losing grandpa.
Plus she was still upset about the nursing home incident.

Are we alone Ty??

Yeah we are.......the night tech comes on duty in about an hour.

Amy leaned into Ty & soaked up his embrace. Ty's arms were the safest place for Amy. He stood perfectly still and held her.
No words were spoken, their eyes were closed.
Her face was nestled into his chest. She listened to his breathing and felt the beating of his heart.