Chapter - 68

Shattered Dreams
Chapter 68
'Amy Fleming; will you marry me'??
Written by; Mike Hurley

Ty opened his eyes and yawned.
Amy?? He called out softly, as he reached for her softness.
But, she was gone.

Ty needed Amy this morning, as he did most mornings. He liked waking up with his hand cradling her soft breast. Ty had become accustomed to sharing a life, and a bed with Amy Fleming.

He sat up and looked at the clock........9:09 am!! He groaned and crawled out of bed. He stood looking around Amy's room. It seemed a surreal moment; .......from his early days at Heartland, Ty had dreamed of sleeping with Amy in this bedroom. His dreams were not unlike most young men, whose days were filled with thoughts and desires for the girl highest on their lists. A girl they'd fight 17 lions to rescue, then kiss for 2 hours. Then be led to her bedroom for a night full of rewards for his bravery. Such were the sensual dreams of young testosterone filled minds.

Ty grinned and reminisced silently of his early days here, his first kiss with Amy, their first picnic, and the first time he told Amy.......I love you.
Ty didn't know much about love back then.
But his heart always knew Amy Fleming was the girl for him. Being with Amy made Ty happy.
Even now, she's all Ty could think about.

Ty realized this was the room where Amy packed her suitcase to come find him. Was she scared the night before her flight to Boone??
How many nights had she cried herself to sleep here??
Ty stared out the window as his thoughts returned to last night and Grandma Lyndy, young Amy........and Jackson.

Ty whispered his son's name......
'Jackson Scott Borden'. He liked that name a lot. Last night Ty had less than 5 minutes with his first son. But in a million years Ty would never forget baby Jackson's smile and his little fingers gripping his. Ty wished he had picked Jackson up and held him. But it all happened so fast.

And it was all so surreal; but Ty knew in his heart, it was real. It was not a dream; Ty had met Amy's grandmother and one of his sons.
He had never thought of children past Lyndy; but now Ty was mesmerized by the idea, he would become the father to 5 children.
Five!!

Ty turned and looked at Amy's dresser, she already had a photo of them on her mirror.
Sadie took the picture at her families last big party. Amy sat on Ty's lap & held Earl.
Ty stared at Amy in the photo.......he sighed;
She was sooooo pretty!!

Ty closed his eyes and tried to picture Amy's mom, that fateful day with Clint, at the Costco parking lot, about 5 years ago. Ty owed his life to Marion and her kindness. Lots of young men throughout the Province of Alberta owed their lives to Clint too.

Clint was a simple, yet powerful man. When he spoke, he represented the people of Alberta.
Yet his hearts kindness was his own.

Ty's mind wandered in and out of the fight he had with Amy last night. It was only hours old when Amy came up into his loft and apologized.
He was sorry too.

Ty slipped into some clothes, made the bed & picked up the room.
He saw the promise ring box on Amy's dresser and opened it.
Ty smiled..........it was empty.

He whispered softly........
'Lyndy Borden' and 'Jackson Borden', then stepped out into the hall.

Ty was home!!

🦋🦋🦋

Ty!! I made breakfast this morning !!
There's a plate in the oven for you...... on warm.
Here, I'll pour you some coffee.
The girls are out on a ride, Maddie is at Stumpy's; we have about 2 hours to finish going through Lyndy's jewelry.