Chapter 15

The next morning I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I roll around in bed to find no one here. Was last night a dream? It couldn't have been. I sit up and run my hands through my hair. Just as I thought Alec ditched me in the morning, the door to the bathroom opens. And out walks the Alec with his bare chest and a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. 

"Morning." He says and makes his way over to me. He towers over my small frame and plants a gentle kiss to my lip to which I respond to.

"Good morning." I say in my ugly morning voice. Why does his sound hot and mine sounds like a toad? "What time is it?" I ask him.

He grabs his phone and checks the time. "11 in the morning." He replies and throws his phone back on the table. 

"Is everyone up?" I ask. Suddenly the door to our room bursts open. Everyone comes stumbling in and they all fall on the floor, landing on top of each other. "What the-- what are you guys doing?"

"Well aren't your chirpy today?" Mason says sarcastically as he shoves Diego off of him. "We were looking for Alec. Figured he be in here." He adds brushing off his knees. Why would they think he'd be in here? Well I mean he is but they don't think there's something going on between us right?

"Out. Now." Alec says in his stern voice. Even I get chills from it. Everyone grumbles something and all make their way out. They look like walking zombies who just woke up this morning. "Get changed, I'm taking you out." 

"Where exactly? You're not gonna like kidnap me and drive me into the woods and murder me right?" I say fastly. I overthink way too much. Now I feel embarrassed for bringing it up. 

"Of course not. I'd bring you by the dumpster so I can dispose the body." He says with a grin. I shove him playfully and then I realize. He said he's going to take me out. Like on a date? We haven't even discussed our relationship yet.

"Wait you said you were taking me out. Like a date?" I question as pink begins to fill my cheeks.

"You can call it a date." He says while pulling a shirt over his head. He drops his towel causing a shirek to come from me.

"Alec! Go to the bathroom and do that!" I yell while covering my eyes. He just laughs it off as if I've seen him bare naked before. Which I haven't

"Olay going. Now you get changed. We're leaving in 15." He says and walks into the bathroom and closes the door.

♡☺︎♡

"You ready?" He asks as he walks down the stairs. We're all still at Cece's house, Alec said he would buy us breakfast so I passed on the scrambled eggs. I turn my head to look at how he's dressed. He's wearing a white dress shirt, tucked in black jeans with a jacket over him. He looks like some kind of boss man. And I wouldn't want to mess with him.

He looks great compared to me. I'm just wearing a flowy plain sundress with braids in my hair and a light touch of makeup. Cece's doing. "Yeah." I reply and grab my bag and phone. We both walk to the door.

"Use protection!" Mason shouts to us, which causes Zach to laugh orange juice out of his nose. That's so gross.

"I will!" Alec shouts before closing the door behind us. I hear the group laughing as the door shuts. What did he mean he will? My face is probably as red as a tomato right about now.

"This way." Alec places a hand on the small of my back and leads us to his car. The one he drove us here with yesterday after school. He opens the passenger side door for me and I slide in. Then he walks over to the driver''s side and hop in. 

"Where are we going?" I ask turning to face him.

"It's a surprise." He says with a smirk and starts driving out of the driveway. He backs up and places an arm on my seat head to turn around. I don't know why I find that hot but it is. 

♡☺︎♡

We come to a slow at this beach place thing. I don't know what it's called but it's by the beach. We get out of the car and he takes my hand. We start walking to his local beach bar and take a seat.

"They have regular drinks here right?" I ask. I really hope so, or else I'll be thirsty for the next hour.

"Yeah." Alec replies.

We order our food and turns out that Alec has a friend who works here. He was really sweet and made conversation with us. We've probably been at the bar for a little over an hour and the food was delicious. Sadly we had to leave because Alec had something else planned for us. 

He takes us out to walk on the deck. The water flows softly below us and the waves crashing against the rocks. This is nice. We just stand there in comfortable silence as Alec wraps his arms protectively around my body and hugs me close. "I wanted to ask you something." He says quietly breaking the silence.

I turn in his arms. "Okay..." 

He releases his hold from me and reaches for something in his pocket. He takes it out and reveals a long rectangular box. 

I look at it in awe as he removes the lid and takes out the beautiful diamond necklace. "I was thinking about this for a while now. And I was wondering if, you know you'd like to be my girlfriend?" He asks nervously. We meet each other's eyes and a smile breaks out on my lips.

I nod my head frantically and toss myself on him. "Wait is that a yes?" He asks smiling. 

"Yes." I say and he kisses me. The kiss was passionate, like we haven't seen each other in over a decade. Then we pull away and he slips the necklace around my neck and pulls me in close for another sweet and tender kiss.

"I can't believe I have a boyfriend." I say happily looking at him.

"I can't believe I have a girlfriend." He says and my eyebrow raises.

"You've never had a girlfriend?" I question. With these looks, I'm surprised he hasn't even committed to anyone. Then again I see why, you gotta wait for the right person. And I really hope that Alec is my right person.

He shakes his head and brings me in for another kiss. I have to tell my mom. And Cece! They will approve right?

♡☺︎♡