Chapter 21

I snuggle into the warm pillow. Wait why is this pillow hard? And more importantly, was is it warm? My eyes shoot open and I sit up. I was lying on Alec's chest? Well I have before but why am I feeling weird this time? Probably because we're in his room. 

I look back at Alec to see his eyes fluttering open. Upon seeing me a smile breaks out onto his face. "Morning sunshine." He says and grabs my waist pulling me back down. He goes in for the kiss but I turn my head to the side, which he ends up kissing my cheek instead. "Briar....give me a kiss." He whines.

"Wait what time is it?" I ask. We have school today. I can't be late. I'm never late. This will not look good on my college application. 

"It's only 7:30, come back to sleep." He mumbles attempting to pull me back down. 7:30?! I bolt out of bed and rush to my bag. "What are you doing?" He asks sitting up.

"Alec, we have school today! Get up or else we'll be late!" I say tossing him the nearest shirt I can find. He just sits there and chuckles. Is he really laughing at a time like this? I glare at him. He'll make me late! "Why are you laughing? Hurry up." I say as I rush to the bathroom. 

I quickly find a new toothbrush in one of his drawers and brush my teeth with brushing my hair at the same time. I spit out the toothpaste and rinse, then I grab my clothes and hurriedly put then on. 

Today I wear a floral lace cami top with a knitted cardigan over it. Then I pair those with a pair of black leggings. Alec finally chose to get out of bed with his messy, yet hot, morning hair. His hands grip the top of the door while watching me look like I'm a crazy woman. "Get changed." I say as I see that he has not put the shirt I threw at him yet.

"Come on, it's okay if we're like 10 minutes late." He tries to reason with me. School starts at 8:00, and since today is Monday, we get study hall for the first half an hour. But still, I wanna be there or else I'll get a tardy slip.

"Hurry up Alec." I say.

♡☺︎♡

After 15 minutes Alec finally shows up wearing his clothes. We have another 15 minutes to spare. I quickly grab us bananas and a can of juice to go. "Morning kiddos." Nora says walking into the kitchen.

"Morning. Alec hurry up." I say while tossing him his banana. "Bye Mrs. Hart." I wave her off as I rush to back to my house. I open the front door and run up the stairs grabbing my school bag. My mother is already in the kitchen, watching me with amusement.

"Have fun at school." She waves me off and I plant a quick kiss to her cheek.

"Bye momma." I say and run back to Alec's house. I check my phone to see we have 10 minutes left. Alec is already in the car waiting. I head over to his car and slide open the passenger door and hop in. "Drive." I say while putting my seat belt on.

He starts backing up out of the parking spot and drives to school. "Okay we have 7 minutes drive faster." I say and Alec does just that, going over the speed limit. I internally roll my eyes. "But not over the speed limit dumby!" I say smacking his head. He slows down and continues his drive to school

♡☺︎♡

"It's past midnight Cinderella." Cece taunts as I sit next to her. Thanks to the stupid traffic, we were 3 minutes late. 

"Whatever." I grumble and take out my notes. 

"What was the hold up?" She asks me.

"Just woke up a bit late. I forgot to set my timer." I reply opening my notes. We don't have any tests or quizzes today, but I just like to go over my notes so that I don't forget anything we're supposed to memorize.

♡☺︎♡

It's lunch time and I'm starving. All I ate this morning was a banana. So my stomach has been grumbling ever since. We grab our lunch trays and head outside to sit with the guys. Alec and Diego are already there.

We slide in next to them and Diego plants a kiss to Cece's lips. Alec goes in to do the same but I turn my head, and just like this morning, he places a kiss on my cheek.

"Hey, you didn't give me my morning kiss yet." He pouts.

"You made me late to school." I say turning back to face him with my eyebrows furrowed. He takes that as a chance and places a quick kiss to my lips, catching me off guard.

"You guys are so cute." Diego says smiling at us. I roll my eyes while Alec kisses the side of my head.

"Where's the other guys?" Cece asks.

"They got in trouble for passing notes in class. That was so lame like who even passes notes anymore? There are phones for a reason." Diego says in a duh tone. Well leave it to Aaron, Zach, and Mason to get in trouble. "You know, a special someone's birthday is coming up." He adds.

I look around. "Who?" 

"Someone who you may call 'boyfriend'." 

I turn to face Alec. Why didn't he tell me it was almost his birthday? Is he ashamed of it? I mean who would hate their birthday? Unless something really bad happened. That would be the worst. "Why didn't you tell me your birthday is coming up?" I turn to ask him.

He just shrugs his shoulder. "Didn't really think much of it." He replies casually and goes back to eating his lunch.

"Okay well I'm going to get you something that you'll really love." I say with a happy smile on my face.

"Baby you don't have to get me anything." He says looking at me. A soft smile playing at his lips.

"Well I want to. I want to show you how much you mean to me. And your birthday really only comes once a year, and you turn different each time. So this will be the only birthday you'll get turning 18." I say seriously.

His smile brightens and he leans in close to kiss my lips. And I let him. "Thank you, but don't go all out. I should be the one spending my money on you." He says, now it's his turn to be serious.

Whatever, he's my boyfriend so of course I'm going all out. This is his first birthday with me and I'm sure to make it special. And I already know exactly what I'm getting him. 

♡☺︎♡