38: Family Is Love, Not DNA

⚠WARNING⚠
Topics of family issues, child negligence and abortion will be present in this chapter... Please proceed with caution or take it with a grain of salt. I understand this topic is highly controvercialㅡ especially depending on the country you live in.

 I understand this topic is highly controvercialㅡ especially depending on the country you live in

____________________

"Calm down... i'm here."

Yuju picked up the sobbing child, vertically carried the boy with his head on her chest and began to lightly dance around her roomㅡ an action she knew would calm babies and young children.

It was the next day after the whole fiasco at the mall. Too much happened in one day and Yuju was beyond drained and exhausted from it. She hasn't even picked up her phone to answer or reply to Mina and Kirishima's texts and calls ever since she arrived home last night. She just took a shower with the baby, fed him before joining dinner with those who weren't on missions or buisiness trips before going to bed with the baby.

The clock in her room currently reads 7:21ㅡ a bit later from when she would usually wake up at 4, but Satoru gave her a break to restㅡ which she was most definetely thankful for.

She, however, planned to sleep in for the whole day. But then she remembered she took in a baby and the new responsibilities that came with raising one.

Did she regret taking the baby in? No.

So here she was changing the baby boy's diaper, as well as her bedding since his pee got all over it last night.

Yuju sighed. She forgot how messy babies can be. It isn't all giggles and laugher like what you would see or read in movies or books. Babies were actually a handful and have you stressed 24/7.

Only when they grow up and start forming their own personalities, depending on their environment and how they are being raised, a child would either be more loud and adventurous or quiet and reserved.

Yuju was fine with either or inbetween... as long as they don't cuss her out and say they hate her like how american kids would do to their parents in movies.

Yuji stood in the doorway, knocked on her door to grab her attention adorned with a tired look on his face as he pulled up and showed the brown paper bags from a pharmacy. "I got the milk formula and baby bottles and diapers and clothes and toys.."

She nods at him with a thankful smile, halted in her slow dancing to walks over to him and take the bags. "Thanks."

Yuji lazily grinned, handed her the paper bag before ruffling the newborn's blue hair, letting out a cute whine from the little thing. "What'd you name him again?"

"Sei." Yuju answered, "isn't it nice? His kanji means truth and honestly."

Her older brother hummed in response.