45: Inner Voices

_________________

_________________

Police Department
Five years ago

"What is your connection with Aika Zaitsu, Tomoe Ito and Rem Shimura?"

Yuju Itadori sat across the detective, looking down at her handcuffed hands on the metal table in front of her, no interest in the topic being discussed whatsoever.

The older woman across from her simply stared her down. With sharp eyes complimented with as much as a sharp eyeliner, it would have intimidated any person she was talking toㅡ no less a child. But eleven year old Yuju was far from that.

The detective tapped on the notepad in her hand with the accompanying black sign pen that was obviously too expensive for it's own good. She didn't once blink or look away at her suspect who simply continued to boredly play with her cuffed hands, head tilted to the side in an uncomfortable attempt to rest them on her boney shoulder.

"Students in your year level claim they're close friends of yours." She continued, sighing through her pointed nose as she crossed one of her legs over the other. She narrowed her eyes then, "Are they your friends, Itadori?"

Still no response.

The child didn't care about the situation. Not one bit. And even if it wasn't obvious, the detective was getting frustrated. It's already been half an hour, and so far the only thing in her audio recorder were questions she asked with no given answers to help her case.

"Don't you care that your friends are dead?" She pushed, leaned forward to get a better look at the child's blank and uninterested expression. Nothing about Yuju gave the detective any clues or signs of body language she can read, and that in itself was both frustrating yet impressive for her. "Don't you want to know who took their life? Or at least clear your name?"

Yuju finally looks up to stare at her, expression still the same.

She had completely stopped playing with her hands, her attention finally on the detective. She quirked a brow, "I'm sure you already know the answers to your own questions, Detective Seki."

"I'd still like to hear them from you." Seki, the detective quickly answered back. Of course she already knew the basics of what she needed to know, Yuju wouldn't be here if she didn't know the kid had connections to the three victimsㅡ two dead and one in a coma as we speak.

Of course, with her research on the kid, she also knew other informations such as her high intelligence and antisocial behavior. There was a reason why she was chosen to take the task of questioning Yuju.

Naomi Seki wasn't easily swayed, and was quite difficult to get to her head and do anything bad with her. If Yuju chose to use some manipulative tactics on her, it wouldn't work.