ㅡFLAME ON

!SPOILERS FOR THE BNHA MANGA!

ㅡWINTER IN DEIKA CITY was a bit more tolerable compared to in the northern parts of Japan, but nonetheless still cold as the trees and sidewalks get covered in the decently thick snow in the evening of early January

WINTER IN DEIKA CITY was a bit more tolerable compared to in the northern parts of Japan, but nonetheless still cold as the trees and sidewalks get covered in the decently thick snow in the evening of early January.

New years was nearly a week ago, and the Itadori family of three were getting ready to go back to Sendai after a week-long trip of getting away to have a family bonding.

They didn't do anything much special thoughㅡ simply just went to a shrine to pray for good fortune in the future, watch the fireworks from afar in a boulevard while eating tempura, eating in a 4-star restaurant before going to the streets and doing some shopping and getting some souveniers to bring home.

"To get away from all the stress" Wasuke once explained to his two grandchildren before they left their hometown. "We all need it."

The man wasn't blind to the treatment Yuji was getting from his sister, and neither with the fact of Yuju's behavior getting worse and more unstable as time passed. As a guardian and only family of the kids, it pained him to see them in such states.

He didn't want to admit it, but there would be a high possibility where the boy would be admitted to a psychiatric ward and the girl to a maximum security hospital. They needed the help, but both were refusing of itㅡ much more with Yuju who repeatedly claims she was perfectly fine, that it was everyone else who were crazy in the head with all of their 'overt display of emotions and manic behaviors'.

That was a more than enough of red flags for Wasuke. And when he reached for the telephone to call for help, the child manhandled him and forced him to accept the 'fact' that she was perfectly sane and normal.

Even with the constant aggression the girl expressed, Wasuke could never bring himself to blame her for the bad things she's doneㅡ never got mad at her for scarring Yuji's wrists, and just silently told the boy to keep a bit of distance from his sister as he cleaned and dressed his new cuts with guilt and a heavy heart.

Not even a year old yet, Wasuke could see in Yuju's infant's eyes how much she understood of her situation then with her parentsㅡ how much she wanted to run away even though she couldn't even roll on her back yet.

Saori's hitting was more than just 'asians' way of disciplining children'. It was straight up abuse. No sane parent would throw their own child across the room like a rag doll or cut the inside of their cheeks with a knife. The latter had caused Yuju's zygomaticus to rip and become twoㅡ the reason why she even has dimples in the first place despite no one in her family having it.