03: Basic And Simple

______________

______________

"What a weird way for this to end." Kaminari commented, "The losers are practically untouched and the winners are on the ground.!"

"Well, despite the results, the MVPs of this exercise are young Iida and Tokoyami!" All Might said.

"Huh???"

Almost everyone was understandably confused.

"Shouldn't it be one of the heroes since they won?"

"That is a good question! Why didn't I choose one of those two???" All Might hummed, "Who has a guess?!"

"Sir! I can tell you why." Yaoyorozu raised her hand. "Iida embraced this challenge. He was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role. I'll explain, Bakugou's judgement was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you have stated earlier, launching a large-scaled attack indoors is a foolish move. It could've been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was poorly thought out considering the amount of damage that he recieved. He rendered himself helpless, not smart. As for Uraraka and Tsuyu, they let their guard down mid-battle and Uraraka's attack was far to reckless given the hypothetical stakes. If she would have treated the weapon to be real, she wouldn't have risked using such an imprecise move." She explained thoroughly and looked up at Iida, "Iida and Tokoyami were prepared for their opponents' arrival. They had a strategy and never lost sight to protect the dummy weapon, even if they were foiled in the end." She then looked over at All Might, "Technically the hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trial."

Everyone simply stared at her.

Yuju curved her lips up in a small smirk-like smile, completely agreeing with Yaoyorozu's explanation. So Yuju isn't the only one with keen eyes in their class. Though, she does feel bad for the ones being called out. She can feel the slightly second-hand embarrassment.

All Might sweatdropped. "Yes.. well... you overlooked a few things. You Iida could've relaxed a little bit in the exercise." He commented, "But! Overwise you nailed it! Huuh!"

"One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning." Yaoyorozu said with hands on her hips. "That's the only real way to become a top hero."

Momo Yaoyorozu! One of the five students who were admitted to the hero course based on recommendations.

"Now then!" All Might beamed, "Time to blow this joint! Let's move on to the next match."

...

"Match 2!"

On the hero team were Shouto Todoroki, Mezo Shoji and Hanta Sero, on the villain team were Toru Hagakure, Eijiro Kirishima and Mashirao Ojiro.