𝗣𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 : 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀

" Meera you're going to check all those pictures I gave you that you've hidden in your wardrobe!!! Get your ass off the bed and I want you down in next 30 minutes for the breakfast!!! " She heard her mother's scream from the other side of the door.

She groaned as she lazily rubbed her sleepy eyes. It was warm Sunday morning! She had worked for six freaking days!! Sunday was the only exception where she would finally find peace.

However , again she slumped on the bed closing her eyes hugging the pillow.

" Meera?? You heard me?? If you don't open this damn door I would break open it!! " Again the voice disturbed her. She could hear her father's voice behind talking to her mother.

A furious mother on a Sunday morning was the last thing meera would like to see. Finally she hopped out the bed moving to the shower.

Dressed in a purple half sleeve kurti and palazzo she came down to the dining table where everyone settled. Everyone was at home , the day being holiday. She saw her dad reading the morning newspaper , her sister munching the tasty aaloo parantha , her daadu having his morning chaai. She greeted everyone and sat for the breakfast.

Ever since she turned twenty-six her mother and daadu had been dragging her for marriages. They've been on on a groom hunt for her. So , Sunday's like these would be spent with seeing pictures of men's sent by some door-wale-rishtedars along with her daadu's boring pravachan about marriage.

Not that she hated this or something. She definitely wanted to get married , also arrange marriage was not a problem for her but she always wished for a love marriage-hopefully with the 'one' she loves. Huh , anyways seems that wasn't to happen any soon??

Today seemed really different. In the noon , her boss has called her for some urgent work which required her presence. Even though she wasn't willing to go , she was ever ready for today-for she would be free from the trap of her mother.

" I'm sorry maa , but I need to go. Meenakshi ma'am has asked for my presence for some urgent meeting. " She said trying to make her mother understand.

" Neeta! Let her go! Maybe it's important , this can wait. " Her dad exclaimed.

" No Ankush. I'm telling you this is some prank she's playing on us. Meera , you better stay at hom-" before she completes her sentence , Ankush dragged his fiesty wife to the side.

" Aree , neeta listen... " Winking at his daughter he thumbs-up her and let her go.

•••

" Please take some more dosa. You haven't even taken the chutney. Is it not good?? "

" Look at you! So thin and pale! What have you done of yourself?? "

" You're so careless Rashmeet! "

Were the epic dialogues of his mother. Everyday , he would be treated with her boring talks.

" Maa , I've already eaten four dosas!!! How more you want to feed me?? If you keeping feeding me like this , my stomach would burst anytime. " He joked making his dad laugh.

" Chup! You've become so thin!! You don't eat at all!! Always working and working!! You don't even have time for this old mummy of yours!! " Her emotional ranting began.

" Mummy yarr , please. Don't ever talk like this! "

" Why? Does it bother you?? No , right?? I've to work day night cooking fishes for you two!! Bu- "

" Geeta!!! Chill. Don't take so much tension. You're already having high blood pressure , please darling! " Her husband cooed her.

" Satyajeet , there is only one solution for it! " With this said , a pair of four eyes gawked at her.

" What?? " Both the voices asked at once.

" Get married , Rashmeet. Please " she said looking at her son.

" Mummy , you kn- "

" No please , you listen to me. It's two years now. I want you to move on!! Why don't you understand beta!?? "

" Mummy , I don't want to talk about this. Please don't waste your precious time searching brides for me. I won't get married any soon. "

" But why?? She's gone beta!! She has left you for good!! I want you to have someone who would look after you after us. We won't be with you for lifetime , beta! "

" You both are enough for me!!!! I don't want anything or anyone. If not , I would happily stay alone. " He stated.

" Rashmeet!!!! Stop. Not a word. You're getting married for sure. There's this alliance I have for you. You will see her picture , in the evening we are going to visit them. She's a good girl for you. I know she'll take care of you. "

"I- "

" If you say a word against this , you'll see my dead body in this very house!!! I swear!! " She said.

" What the hell are you talking!!!!??? " He shouted.

She breathed deeply , " I'm dead serious. I hope you will fulfill my last wish , before anything happens to me "

" Fine!!!! " He roared moving to his door shutting the door tight.

He fisted his hairs tight sighing. What on earth was his mother upto?? Didn't she knew , he wasn't interested in this?? Then why??

He bought his face down cupping in his palms. What was happening in his life?? He was scared for a moment seeing his mother breathing heavy , with sweat all over her face. Something happening to her , was the last thing he ever wished.

And what she said a few moments ago , she was quiet adamant to make it happen.

Not knowing , what would happen next , he cursed his life and continued with his work.

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪