3.

// Jade //
My brain refused to work. My own brother, gone. Even though he was gone to juvy most of my childhood, I still loved him! Family is family, no matter what they've done. Daryl couldn't get a rise out of me. All I did was sit and smell Merles shirt. His scent also projected off of his leather jacket, too. The memories, the smells, made all the tears flow back.

// Daryl //
All Jade could do was cry. Hell, I wanted to beat myself up for not getting there in time. But I wanted to hit Merel, too, because he left. Cut off his own damn hand! I cringed at the thought. Merle wasn't too smart. Jade laid on the floor, smelling Merle's shirt. She wore his leather jacket that I, too, had been fond of. I Sat down beside her and let her crawl into my lap. My arms wrapped around her too-small body as I ran my hand through her hair. She fell asleep soon enough, and I smiled to myself. Although she suffered a little bit more than I did as a child. She had been raped once, cut herself. Depression nawed at her all the time, but she tried hard not to show it. She wasn't as cut off from the rest of the group as I was. She let people in, sometimes. I, however, didn't. The last time I let someone in was when Jade was born. Mom got knocked up by some man, not Will, my father. Merle hated her for a while, because she was a girl. I was only 8 when she was born, but I still had to be the man of the family. My uncle, Jessie, wasn't around much. My father hated my mother for having sex with another man, so he was out getting drunk. My mom, laid in bed smoking. That's how she died. Jade was 6, and I was 14. I was playing with my so-called 'friends' when a firetruck went by. My 'friends' rode on their bikes ahead as I ran to catch up. The firetrucked stopped at my house. Lacey was being carried out by a fireman, laying limp. My heart stopped. Was she dead? My brain racked for thoughts as I ran to her. She was alive, but put onto a venalater for safe measures. Those were bad times, and I can see why she hated her childhood. I glanced down at her and wiped away a tear cascading from her cheek. I kissed her head gently, and lay her down on my sleeping bag. I grabbed my crossbow and walked out.

// Jade //

I was actually outside today, helping to burn bodies. Andrea sat with the dead Amy, awaiting her return. I sighed and walked over to her, "Hey, Andrea." I said, sitting beside her. I had seen the pulling-of-the-gun on Rick earlier. However, I knew she wouldn't do that to me because I was her favorite. She'd told me. She glanced over at me. I seen the grip tighten on the gun, but lighten when she saw me, "I'm not here to say sorry. I know how you feel; you don't want apoligizes. They shouldn't say sorry from something they didn't do." I explained to her. She smiled lightly, and I wrapped my arm arond her waist, "We can get through this, just like everyone else." she said, petting Amy's hair. I smiled at her and got up, walking over to Glenn, "Hey, you okay?" he asked, glancing at Daryl, "Yeah, fine. I should be used to loosing people." I said, walking away from him. He burned holes into my back. I could feel the worry drift through him.
------
"Jim! Jim's bit!" Jackie screaming, pointing to Jim's stomach. I looked over curiously and sprinted over. Daryl attempted killing Jim on spot, but ended up getting into a brawl with Shane and Rick. Shane got Daryl in a choke-hold, and I then took action. I kicked Shane in the back of the knee, sending him collapsing to the ground, "Don't you EVER touch my brother, prick!" I yelled. He got up and groaned. Daryl smirked, "And Daryl, have a heart!" I looked to him. He looked to the ground, "There could be a cure." I said, sighing, "We watched Jessie turn, Jade! There ain't no damn cure." he scoffed, walking off. A ting of heartbreak came back, but I shut it off quickly. Emotions weren't my bestfriend at the moment. Daryl realized what he had said and glanced around quickly, seeing the hurt in my eyes. His look softened as he went into the tent. We heard the familiar grown of a walker, when we seen Amy stirring. My heart broke for Andrea, but I jogged over to her. She was whispering something to her, put then shot her. While everyone discussed going to the CDC, I was with Andrea. She sat in the RV, while I cleaned her up. I took a rag and softly cleaned the blood from her face and neck. I hummed to myself as the zoned-out Andrea sat there. She perked up, and looked at me, "Sing for me, Jade." I blushed and looked at her, "Please. No one can hear." she said, not a hint of emotion in her voice. I sighed, and picked a song.
------
"Stop! I can do it!" Andrea cried, dragging Amy's body into the deep hole that was dug. Dale tried to help, but she didn't seem to want anyone to bury Amy except her. Andrea jumped into the hole, and attempted to drag Andreas body in. We all stood by, and Dale tried to help. She screamed at him. I took a step forward, away from Glenn, who stood on my left, and from Daryl, who stood on my right. Daryl grabbed my arm gently, but I shook him off, "Dale, back away." I said, motioning my hand backwards. He did as told, and I bent down to Andrea, then jumped down in the hole with her. I cupped her face in my hands and looked at her, "Can I help you?" I ask, giving her a moment to reply. She nodded, and allowed me to get Amy's top half. The group watched, probably wondering why I was the only one Andrea allowed to help her. All eyes were on us and we lowered her body into the grave, then let the body go. Andrea stood to look at the wrapped body, and cried. I walked over to her and hugged her. She collapsed into my arms as I walked over to the edge of the hole and took Daryl's hand to help me out. Then I offered my hand to Andrea, which she gladly took. I helped her out and placed her into the RV.
------
We were on the move now. I had made sure Andrea was safely placed in the back of the RV with Jim before I had placed myself with Glenn in the truck. It was just us. Of course Daryl didn't like the idea, but I just insisted there wasn't enough room for me in the RV, so he could ride there. Merle's motorcycle was in the back of the truck, of course. Merle. Oh, how I missed my dear brother. I wonder if he was okay. Of course he is! He's Merle Dixon, he's always okay. The RV stopped and Rick came out. Everyone turned off their cars and got out, gathering together. I walked beside Glenn and listen to Rick, "Jim wants to stop traveling." 3 people, lost in one day. Everyone was bickering, "Guys!" I yelled a bit, quieting everyone down, "It's not our choice on how Jim dies! If he wants to die here, let him die here peacefully." Everyone silently agreed, and Rick went to get Jim.
----
"Goodbye, Jim. I'll miss you." I said, kneeling down to his level, "Tell me something; you and Glenn?" he said, smiling. I blushed and looked around, "Yeah." I said, smiling at him, "You take care of your boys; Glenn and Daryl." he said. I nodded to him, then leaned over to kiss his forehead. He smiled and I walked away, then went to hug Daryl. He wrapped his arms around me and petted my hair. Glenn eyed me, giving me a sad look. I closed my eyes and kept Daryl in my arms.
------
The CDC was in sight, "Jade.." Glenn said, looking at me. I looked at him. In this moment, I didn't know what could possibly happen, but I certainly didn't expect this. Glenn reached over and kissed me passionately. I blinked a couple times before I got out and followed everyone to the gates.