8.

// Jade //

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE HER ALONE?!" Carol began to yell at me over and over again, "Yelllin' at her ain't gonna bring her back!" Daryl yelled, making Carol hush her yelling.

Honestly, the yelling didn't affect me, I was used to it. But sweet little Sophia was gone, and it was my fault. I sat down on the guard rail, placing my head in my hands. Daryl jerked his rag from his back pocket and soaked it in the half-bottle of water. He walked over to me and tilted my head up and began to wipe the dried blood off my face gently. Once any trace of the blood was gone, Glenn came over to sit beside me. Daryl placed a kiss on my forehead, "I'm gonna keep scavaging these cars." Daryl grunted, "Me too," I said, my voice cracking. No one tried to stop me, they just let me go. As I walked over to the RV to lay my jacket down, I saw T-Dog inside, his arm wrapped, "Woah! Man, what happened?" I ask, sitting on the bed beside him, "Got my arm cut open by a broken car window during the attack. Your brother saved me, Jade." he said, smiling a bit. I patted his back, knowing there wasn't anything to say. I walked out once more and jogged over to Daryl, "Hey, thanks for taking up for me back there." I said, "But, I know I deserved it. You should've let her yell." Daryl looked at me as if I'm crazy, "Yellin' at you was pointless! You didn't deserve that! It wasn't your fault, Jade!" he rose his voice at me, "Now you're starting to sound like dad." I muttered, not meaning for him to hear. I don't think he did, because he had his back facing me when I said it. I sighed, knowing his case was hopeless.

I opened a car door, looking inside. There wasn't much in here, but keys. I took the keys out of the ignition and popped the trunk, finding an almost empty bottle of water, some Asprin, and some clothes that I didn't bother looking through. When I thought about the Asprin, it reminded me of T-Dog. I slammed the trunk shut, abandoing the keys on the ground. I sprinted back to the RV where I saw T-Dog outside, "Here, T." I said to him, handing him the bottle and the almost-empty bottle. He smiled at me, "How will I ever repay you, Dixon?" he looked up at me, but then whinced in pain, "You can go inside, take this medicine, and let me clean the cut." I said, motioning him inside. He nodded and got up, once again whincing in pain. This cut was infected and I don't know why anyone didn't bother to clean it. Even cleansing it with water could help, some! I sat him down at the table and suddenly rembered something I did to my uncle Jessie's bite before I knew he was gonna turn. I grabbed the bottle of pills from his hands and crushed them on the table. I took the water and added a bit to make the crushed Asprin a paste, then I grabbed some paper towels from the roll on the counter and dapped the Asprin-paste on the wound. His knuckles were white from the amount of pain he was in, "Sorry, T, but this'll help." I said, finishing up, "Just leave this on and we'll wash it off later. Take two of these," I handed him the Asprin bottle, "and we'll see if it gets worse." he smiled at me, "Try to break that fever." I added, damping another paper towel and damped it with the remaining water and lead him back to the couches, "Lay down and stay down. Doctor's orders." I smiled at him, putting the paper towel on his head, "Thanks, Jade." He said, smiling at me, "No problem," I walked out of the RV,leaving the sick T-dog behind.

---------

"This is where I left her." I motioned to the beaver dam, an empty gap took Sophia's place. I sighed, knowing that this burden would carry on with me if we didn't find her. Daryl was tracking, but found no definite sign of where she went because the trails went cold. After a while of searching, we went back up to the highway where Carol broke down again seeing her child not return. I let out a breath and walked off, knowing more yelling as in order. I found a car, looking almost like the one I used to have at home. I sat down in the drivers seat, searching the car for anything. Just some money, and books. I picked up one of the books and opened the front cover. A romance novel. I threw it in the backseat of the car and curled up in the seat and just... Cried. This is the first time in a long time and it felt well-needed. I could already feel the dirt caking on my face again. It was nearing dark, and I knew it was dangerous, but I didn't care. Tears cascaded down my cheeks. I felt powerless, just sitting here. My arms were weak to the bone. As I cried, my eyes closed, something shocked me out of it, "Jade." his voice was smooth, but laced with sorrow. His voice made me melt as he knelt down beside me. He placed his hand in my hair and stroked it; Glenn. As he leaned in to kiss me, I leaned forward. Our lips collided with a great, fiery passion. His lips in-sync with mine. After a moment, he pulled away from me, "Let's take watch on this end," he panted, a smirk played on his lips. I nodded, wiping away a stray tear that was sliding down my cheek.

As Glenn and I stood watch near the car, we saw no signs of walkers. None of the group came by, either. They were tucked away in the RV or the cars; sleeping. We ate no food tonight, and we were all hungry. Glenn turned to look at me, his eyes full of curiosity. He turned around and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me closer. The kiss made my legs feel weak as I returned the gesture. His tongue played on my bottom lip before I granted him access. As I slid my arms down to his torso, his arms slid down, too. His hands, now on my butt, were gripping tight. He released, pushing me gently against a car. He started the kiss again, running his hand up my shirt, "Do you wanna do this?" Glenn asked, breaking away, "Yeah," I muttered, grabbing the back of his head and pulled him back in.

----

I awoke in the bed of a truck, covered up with a tarp. I felt naked, mainly because I was. As I rolled over, I spotted Glenn. The way he sat there; the rifle in his hands, his legs dangling over the side of the truck, and his beautiful black hair. I smiled, "Hey," I yawned, "You didn't wake me." he turned around to look at me, smiling, "Sorry, wanted to let you sleep." he said, handing me my stack of clothes, "Here, put these on." he turned back around as I put the clothes back on. I rose from the bed of the truck, then I went to sit with Glenn over the side. I grabbed my hair and flipped over my head, tying my hair in a bun, "You know, Jade, you look beautiful." Glenn said, turning his head to look at me. I smiled, "Thanks, Glenn." I pushed my bangs out of my face, "C'mon, I'm gonna go hunt." I said, hitting the side of the truck, "Okay, but first I gotta tell you something." Glenn said, jumping down. I stayed in place. He walked up to me and stepped inside my legs. He kissed me, leaving me with a perplexed look on my face. He smirked, then walked away, leaving me behind.