26

// Jade //

I sat with Carol on the bed in the cell Daryl had brought us to. I held a cup of water in my hand shakily, gripping on to it so I didn't drop it. Carol jumped up at the sight of Rick, pulling him into a hug. I rose to my feet, closing my eyes to let the dizziness fade away. Turns our, all I needed was some food, water, and sleep to get my energy back up to its normal level. I smiled to Rick and hugged him, "Thank God." he was whispering, "How?" Hershel ask, limping over to Carol to hug her, "Jade." she laughed, hugging his neck, "Jade helped Carol into a small cell." Daryl spoke up. I mentally nodded, realizing what we were in was actually bigger than I thought, "Jade passed out. Both we're dehydrated. Jade was shot." I looked at Beth, who held a baby. I smiled, "Can I hold her?" I smiled, thinking back to my own unborn baby. Beth handed her over. I looked to Rick to ask him where Lori was, but I knew better. She was gone. I sighed and looked back at the baby in my arms, "Hi there, sweetie." I cooed. I let a tear slip for Lori, handing the baby back to Beth. I limped over to Rick, "I'm sorry." I whispered, pulling him in for a hug. He rested his head on my chest, letting out a few sobs.

I followed Rick and Hershel out with Daryl by my side. There sat a black woman, "We can tend to that wound for you, give you a little food and water, and then send you on your way. But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us. and why you were carrying formula." it took a moment for her to answer Rick, "The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl." my heart stopped, "What happened?" Rick ask, keeping calm, "Were they attacked?" I stepped forward, almost falling. Rick held me upright as I stood in front of the woman, "They were taken." she said through gritted teeth, "Taken? By who?" I ask, my heart pounding, "By the same son of a bitch who shot me." she growled, "Hey, these are our people." Rick said, bending down to her level, "You tell us what happened now!" Rick grabbed her gunshot wound, making me hiss at the imaginary pain, "Don't you ever touch me again!" she shouted. I looked back to see Daryl holding his crossbow at her, "You'd better start talking." Rick said, pacing the floor, "You're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound." Daryl grunted, "Find 'em yourself." she spat. My faith started slowly slipping, "Please. I'm begging you. That Asian man? He is the father of my unborn child." her eye contact never broke with Daryl, "Daryl! Put the damn crossbow down!" I warned, seeing him slowly drop it, "You came here for a reason." I said, looking eye to eye with her, "There's a town. Woodbury. About 75 survivors. I think they were taken there." she responded to me, "A whole town?" I ask her, holding my hand out to Rick who had stepped forward. She obviously responded better to me than to Rick, "It's run by this guy who calls himself the Governor--pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type." she explained, "He got muscle?" Daryl ask, "Paramilitary wannabes. They have armed sentries on every wall." she said, "You know a way in?" I ask her, losing more and more hope of finding them by the second, "The place is secure from walkers, but we could slip our way through." it was silent for a moment, "How'd you know how to get here?" I ask her, beginning to chew on my nail, "They mentioned a prison, said which direction it was in, that it was a straight shot." I nodded to myself, "This is Hershel," Rick motioned to him behind me, "the father of the girl who was taken. He is going to take care of you and Jade's wounds." Rick explained, then walked away.

"How do we know we can trust her?" Oscar ask, "This is Maggie and Glenn. Why are we even debating?" Beth countered, "We ain't. I'll go after them." Daryl offered, "Well, this place sounds pretty secure. You can't go alone." Rick explained, "I'll go." I offered, "Me, too." Beth spoke up, "Me three." Axel offered, "I'm in." Oscar said, "Jade, I don't think you're up for this." Daryl looked at me, "Hershel sewed me up! My energy levels are fine. The baby will be fine, too." I pleaded, "Fine. Just stay with me." Daryl sighed, mumbling something about stubbornness.
"I got the flash bangs and I got the tear gas. You never know what you're gonna need." Daryl said as I slipped my hair into a tight ponytail. I straightened up my shirt and continued to load things into the back of the car. I was walking and talking with Beth, then climbed into the backseat of the car after telling Beth goodbye and receiving a couple of 'be careful's'.