25.

// Jade //

"Damn it, Jade! Wake up!" I felt Carol shaking me. I took in a deep breath, "I'm up. What happened?" I ask, rubbing my eyes tiredly. My whole body was aching when I looked down to examine the degree of my injuries. Both my palms were split open, I probably had a concussion, and the bullet hole where I had been shot was inflamed, "You passed out." Carol explained, whispering so it wouldn't attract any nearby walkers. I nodded and started feeling light headed again, "I'm just gonna take a nap." I mumbled, ignoring Carol telling me not to.

-------

It felt like days had passed, but I wasn't really sure. No water, no food. Just Carol and I stuffed in a small closet. She had told me she was hearing people outside talking when I was asleep once, but no one came to help after she banged on the door. They just set it aside as a walker, claiming they would 'get it later'. My stomach was aching for food. Carol insisted on leaving and trying to find our way back because I was supposed to be eating for two, but then she got too weak and couldn't help me walk. I sighed and looked at Carol's blood-covered face, "Do you think someone will find us?" I ask her. She glanced up at me slowly, "Maybe." she said, her voice horse. I lay my head back, "God, I miss Glenn and Daryl." I said, coughing a little. The coughing became worse and I threw up a bit of blood. I groaned, "We need to get back." Carol and I said in unison.

----

Someone was kicking and hitting things outside as I barely opened my eyes. I glanced at Carol and hit on the door. After a few hits, I heard a knife hitting the ground over and over, mocking my hits on the door. I couldn't speak, my mouth was too dry. The knocking took a lot of energy out and I was about to pass out again. Out of desperateness, I banged on the door harder, using the last of my energy. It sent shock waves through my body when I used my hand, leaving my face tear-stained. I tried to push the door open with my shoulder, but a dead walker must have been blocking the door. Someone kicked the door shut again, then silence. I knocked a few more times before the door got pulled open, the light flooding in.
I squinted my eyes and glanced at Carol, giving her a small smile, "Jade. Carol." Daryl breathed, putting away his knife. He picked me up and sat me on the ground, helping Carol out as well. I started to stand but collapsed right back down. I tried to catch myself with my hands, but my arms gave in and my wounds started to bleed, as well as my bullet wound. I sucked in a breath and saw black dots once more, giving in to the sleepiness that overtook me.

*Before Daryl found Jade and Carol*
// Glenn's P.O.V //

I was digging graves for Carol and Jade, crying as I did so. Axel and Oscar walked over to me and I climbed out of the hole, "How's the perimeter look?" I ask, trying to avoid the conversation I knew was coming, "We got the walkers spread out... Need help?" Axel ask. I didn't reply for a moment, rubbing my thumb on the handle of the shovel. I dropped my eyes and returned back to digging, "Your friends, your woman, they-- they were good folks." Axel said. Something in me blew, "They were family. She was my life! She was having my kid!" Axel nodded, "I think I had one friend like that my whole life. You got a whole group." Oscar said, crossing his arms, "Sorry you lost 'em." Those words hurt me and I stabbed at the dirt with my shovel. I looked up and saw Hershel glancing down upon me, "I need two more." I rolled my eyes, handing the shovel to Axel as I stormed away.

Up on the other side of the gate stood Hershel, "Rick?" I ask, "Still inside. Okay, I'll get him." I sighed, looking back down at the graves, "A third of our group in one day." I let out a sarcastic snicker, "Cause of one asshole." Hershel said, making my thoughts drift back to Jade. I clamped my hand on the gate, holding on tight, "Part of me wished we killed all the prisoners on sight." I let a tear roll down my face, wiping it away once Hershel spoke again, "Axel and Oscar seem like good guys." I glanced back at them, "When the evacuations started, T-Dog drove his church van to the home of every senior he knew just in case they needed a ride. He saved my ass a thousand times. He wasn't just a good guy. He was the best." I explained to Hershel, "Got bit closing the gate. If he hadn't done that..." Hershel trailed off, "It could've been Jade." I said, not even thinking. I looked down to my feet, "God, I miss her." I sighed, looking up to the sky. Hershel put his hand over mine, a way of telling me he was here. I nodded at him, letting a few more tears fall before he pulled away, I doing the same.
I pointed my flashlight at every walker I saw, making sure they were dead. I held my gun in my right hand tightly, walking forward toward the dead bodies that had obviously been killed with an axe. There were piles of walkers everywhere, making me step over them. I turned a corner, shinning my flashlight, "Rick?" I ask. The axe he held was dripping with blood. His back was turned to me, but I could tell he wasn't doing too hot, "Everybody's worried about you. You shouldn't be in here. Come on out." I said. He turned to me slowly, not exactly making eye contact. He was covered in blood from head to toe. I walked in front of him, "You don't have to do this all by yourself. Okay? Our cell block is cleared. We'll just close off all the doors again." I said, trying my best to console him, "I don't think so." he said, "Rick, why don't you just come on out with me? Okay?" No answer came, "Rick." I put my hand to his chest. He grunted and pushed me against the wall. His hand was against my throat, his breath was rigid. I held my hand out to him in attempt to calm him down. I honestly just wish he'd end me now. I was hurting, too. But someone had to take charge while he was having his fit. His grip loosened as did he breathing, "Yeah... Yeah." I said softly. He was examining my face, trying to figure out who it was. I sighed, "It's me." I whispered. I knew he was out of it at this point. He moved his hand away from my neck, but grabbed my shoulder and tossed me aside. He looked at me for a moment before walking away, leaving me distraught behind him.