002

*Third person's POV*

Y/N was up trying to run away but thankfully, Tanjiro held her back

"Why are you protecting it ? , The stranger asked Tanjiro, who looked at him with wide and scared eyes. The dark blue haired man ran to them, Tanjiro ducked his lover, in attempt to protect her which didn't work. Then he realized that she wasn't under him, and looked up to the man to find Y/N was in front of him with her arms behind her ( i don't know if you know what i mean ) .

"Y/N" Tanjiro called terrified, "Don't move" said the man, then explained " My job is to slay demons , Needless to say, I will decapitate your lover" 

" Wait ! "Tanjiro begged " She didn't eat anyone! There was another scent in my house, That's probaly the one who killed my family ! "; " It wasn't Y/N i don't know why she turned in something like that but still! "tanjiro was desperate , she was the last person he loved

" It's quite simple" The stranger explained " her wounds were exposed to demon blood. That's how man-eating monsters multiply" 

"My lover would never eat humans ! "Tanjiro yelled shaking his head a little bit, then said ' demon slayer' persisted " Just now, you were about to be devoured " "You're wrong , I know she recognized me" The burgunded boy yelled " I'm sure she knows who I am! I won't let her hurt anyone ! I'm going to turn Y/N back into human! i swear i'll heal them ! "

The slayer didn't give up " She can't be healed,  Once a human turns into a demon, they can't turn back" but Tanjiro didn't give up either " I will find a cure ! " He yelled throwing his arms up " So please .... please don't kill her. I will stalk the one who killed my family!" Tanjiro kept begging.

The man took out his sword " Please ! Stop it ! Don't kill her ! " Tanjiro yelled

Don't take anyone else from me...( his mind)

Tanjiro kneeled down in snow " Please......don't kill her..." he cried."I'm begging you not to! Don't kill my lover...please...."

" Stop that pathetic groveling, if it was the least bit effective your family wouldn't be dead ! Don't make me laugh! The weak have no rights or choices! Why did you show your back to me ? All those blunders led to your lover's capture" yelled the stranger raising his katana.

*Giyuu's POV* 

"Don't cry, Don't despair, Now's not the time for that. I know you want to scream. I get it. If only I'd gotten here a half-day sooner, your family might not have ended up dead. With such a fragile resolve like yours, you can't protect your lover or heal her" raising my katana.

"No!" The boy sreamed

I stabbed the demon, she screamed

" Stop" yelled the boy.

Then  he threw a rock at me but i block it with with sword, then saw the boy running through the trees and threw another rock at me. I moved out of the way, so it hit the tree.

" You fool ! " I yelled as i hit him with my sword. it made him unconcious, the demon girl stopped moving and stared at him in shock.

"Where are his hatchet ?"

hearing something, I looked up to see his hatchet swinging toward me, I moved my head at the right time for the hatchet to hit the tree beside my head

"Just before he hid behind the tree, he hid his hands as pretended to attack so i wouldn't realized he was unarmed.

This kid...."

Then the demon girl started growling again, got out from my grasp, and threw me to another tree, and jumped to the boy

"Damn, she'll devour him"

My eyes widened as the demon girl stood in front of her lover, putting her arms out, growling at me.

*Third person's POV*

'She wouldn't eat a human'

The slayer recalled Tanjiro's shouting, and looked at the demon girl blankly as she started run to him

' Someone said the same thing, just to be devoured'

Y/N struck , lunging at the slayer. 

'When a demon straving...... They will eating anyone even their family, sisters, brothers, parents, lovers. Because they're nutrient-rich, I've seen it more times than I could count. She must have lost a lot of her energy from the transformation, and they needed to spend even more energy to heal aswell. No doubt about it, she straving. She would have even gone for her lover, but she protected him instead.'

Y/N kept attacking him as he kept dodging.

' Maybe..... just maybe...'

Then Y/N jumped to a tree to him, the slayer then hit the side of her neck making her unconcious.

' These lovers might be different from others' 

*Tanjiro's POV*

'I'm sorry to leave you behind Tanjiro' Tanjiro's mother said inside of his head. Then It was Nezuko's turn to speak' Take care of Y/N for us okay ?'

Tanjiro jolted awake, grapping Y/N's kimono. He looked at Y/N with tears, who wore bamboo muzzle and asleep.
"You awake ?" I heard a voice said, I looked up to see the slayer leaning against a tree looking at me. He grabbed quickly his lover, huging her protectively.

" Go see an old man named Sakonji Urokodaki who lives at the foot of the mont Sagiri. Tell him that Giyuu Tomioka sent you." he got off of the tree he was leaning" She seems alright, since it's cloudy. But never let her exposed to the sunlight, okay?" he explained before vanished.

*Time skip*

*Still Tanjiro's POV*

I was on my knees, in front of my family, who is now buried praying, Y/N was standing behind me. I stood up then turned to see her, then took her hand in mine" Let's go " I said to Y/N then we started walking, then I gave a last look at my family before jogging away with Y/N hand in hand to our destination.