《 9 》𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝐎𝐫 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒆

WALKING INTO THE club is exactly the same as last night.
Load music with a lot of thumping bass.
The club is pretty dark inside. Other than the flashing pink and purple neon lights.
But my eyes adjust.

We all sit in the same spot as yesterday. A purple sofa at the back of the club.
In front of the sofa is a set up of smaller-looking sofa-like chairs.
Basically a lounging area.

I sit at the end of the long purple sofa, Sarah sits next to me, and Reign sits on the other side of her.
Trent sits on the one recliner chair across from Reign. Hannah sits comfortably on his lap twirling her Auburn colored hair.
Calvin sits by himself on the other recliner across from me.

"I'm bored." Hannah rolls her eyes.

"I've an idea," Hannah sets her blue colored drink down atop the crystal clear coffee table in the center. "Let's play truth or dare!"

I catch Calvin's eyes shoot up to glance at me.

"Hell yeah!" Trent shouts.

"Hannah you in?" Sarah asks.

"Only if calvin is," Hannah smirks at Calvin.

"I'm in," Calvin leans back in his chair.

"Uh, I'll just watch." I'm usually not that daring.
Plus, this friend group is kinda crazy.

"Of course Skylar won't play," Calvin ridiculed.

I will not let Calvin pride himself on him being right.
"Fine I'll play."

"Great!" Sarah looks towards Trent, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Trent says.
Of course, he'd say dare. They probably all would.

"I dare you to take your shirt off." Sarah bites her bottom lip.

"Easy," Trent pulls his shirt up and over his head. Revealing a solid tan muscular eight pack
Trent isn't that bad-looking himself. He looks like if a golden retriever was a human.
With short blonde messy hair.
Nothing beats Calvin's looks though. It's a shame he's such a jerk.

"Truth or dare baby girl." Trent strokes his fingers through Hannah's pink-dyed edges.

"Dare," She says with a perky tone. It's like she's trying way too hard to be something she's not.

"Show us them tits." Trent sticks his tongue out.

"Ew pervert," Hannah giggles, "You're lucky I'm body postive." She then lifts up her shirt revealing a black lace bra.

"Take the bra off," Trent groans.

"Maybe next round," She sighs while pulling her shirt back down. "Hmm, who's next..." Hannah taps a long purple acrylic nail to her chin, "How about-- Sky." She narrows her eyes upon me with spite.

"Oh, I choose dare."

Hannah looks shocked by my response, but closes her lips into a thin line. "Go make out with her," she points to a tiny redhead girl in the distance, twerking to the beat of the music.
Immediately, I recognize her as the annoying girl who kept hitting on me from last time.

"Uh, I choose truth."

"Of course," Calvin mumbles, though I pretend not to notice.

Hannah purses her lips, "Fine. Are you gay?"

All eyes in our group immediately shift to me. Calvin pretends not to care, but he still sides eyes me.

"No, I'm straight."

I hear Calvin tsk.
Uncomfortable, I try my best to shift the attention.
"Sarah, Truth or dare."

"Truth."

"Oh um, what's your favorite color?"

Hannah snorts, "That's it? So lame."

"Pink," Sarah smiles warmly in my direction.

Once Sarah goes to pick someone else for their turn, I excuse myself. Walking away towards the bathroom area.
Whew, finally a moment to relax, not having to worry about if I was being cool enough for them.

I slide my phone out of my back pocket.
*2 new messages* my phone screen reads.
They're both from that Lili,  a kind girl in my filmography class.
I met her during classes today and we'd exchanged numbers.

*sup, wanna hang out and grab coffee before classes tmrw.* The first message read. *Or whatever cool with you:)* The second text said.

She's way too kind to say no too.
So I reply back, *Can't wait, till then.*
Maybe it'll be nice to have some actual kind friends.