《 13 》𝑫𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒚 𝑰𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔

NEARLY MIDNIGHT AND I are already back in Calvin's car for what is the third time in two days.

The buzz from the jello shots has started to fade.
Being locked out and fighting with Calvin in the middle of the dorm hallway was enough to sober me right up.

Calvin side-eyes me from the driver's seat, "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"That," He grabs my hand. "Why do you always shake. Do you have some kinda nervous condition or something?" Calvin asks mockingly.

"No, I'm just cold." Really I'm just anxious as all hell.
But I don't wanna cower down. Especially not to the narcissistic bad boy, Calvin Fox.

Calvin switches on the radio and outcomes, 'Daddy Issues. ' By, 'The Neighborhood.'
His hand then slides down to turn on the heater.

It's confusing.
It's like he tries to be nice and do the right thing.
But then makes fun of me or flips out.

I instantly notice Calvin is driving towards Manhattan which is one of the richest areas of the city.

"Wait, you don't have a dorm?"

Calvin chuckles, "I drive a car like this, And you're going to think I stay in a dorm?"

He does have a point. Someone who's as rich enough to drive a sports car like this probably has an expensive apartment.

"Why don't you like me?" I question.
Like seriously since the moment I'd met him, he's had something against me.

"What makes you think I don't like you?" Calvin questions while keeping his eyes glued to the street ahead.

I snort, "It's obvious you've hated me since that first night you'd met me."

"I-Im sorry, I don't mean to come off like a dick. It's just--" Calvin pauses for a moment to choose his next words.
"Just my parents weren't the best, I guess."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I couldn't relate to having 'bad parents.' I love my mom and dad more than the world itself.

But I'd understand how that could be tough.

For a moment, I actually think Calvin is showing emotion until he snaps back.
"Yeah well, whatever." He gets defensive, "At least I'm not a pussy who's nervous all the time."

Ouch.

Whatever compassion I'd felt for him has just vanished.
I don't understand him at all, how could someone be so mean?

"Wanna talk about issues? At least I don't have daddy issues." I know that was a low blow. But so what, he deserved it.

Calvin clutches the steering wheel so tightly. That it leaves little crescent moon-shaped indents from his fingernails digging in.
"You're so fucking done, sky!" Calvin growls.

I sit still frightened.
It's not like he could do anything... Right?

Calvin parks the car off to the side, in front of a huge expensive-looking Manhattan apartment.