《 46 》Suspicions pt. 2

"Skylar,  What's going on?"  Calvin quickly wipes sleep off of his face. 
  When I don't awnser he moves in closer.
  He wraps his arms around me.  Laying my head upon his chest.

"What's wrong?" 

I can't tell him what I'd just read on his phone.  Nope.  Mmm hell no.  Me even picking up his phone in the first place was a major invasion of privacy.

"Nothing."  I look up at him as I swallow back my anxiety.  "I just had a nightmare."

"That's all?"

I gently nod my head,  "Yeah Nothing to be concerned about."

"What was the nightmare about?"  Calvin looks at me concerned,  "Are you okay?"

"Oh uh,"  I try to think fast.  "Nothing."

"Skylar."  Calvin says in a tired tone.  "I know you're lying."

My stomach sinks down through the bed and on the floor and six feet deep under.  HE KNOWS??   Oh god.  Im done.  I'M ACTUALLY DONE.  Calvin is going to kill me.

My voice shakes,  "Y-you know?..."

"You're nightmare wasn't just nothing." 

Oh,  right.  My 'nightmare.'

"I'm okay."

"Was your nightmare about me?"  Calvin says concerned.  His face worried.

"No."

"Skylar."

"It wasn't about you Calvin."  I lean up and kiss him.  "It was really nothing."  LITERALLY nothing.

He furrows his brows at me.  Just staring.  As if he was trying to get me to break under pressure.  Like a widow that some kid accidently hits a baseball through.  Calvin could easily shoot me one stern glance and break me down. 
  Down to my knees.  How he likes to see me.

"Right."  He says suspiciously.  "Nothing."

"Exactly!"  I say quickly to try and silence whatever it is that he's thinking right now.

Suddenly his phone rings.  The screen lights up.  Caller ID reads Red.

My heart sinks.  I jump suddenly at the ringing.

Calvin glances at his phone.  He's quick to his feet as he retrieves his phone.

"Calvin?"

He holds a finger up to silence me.

He goes to the other room and shuts the door.

My heart is racing so fast.  My hands are sweaty as anxiety grows in deep in my stomach. 
  Who is he talking too?  And what the hell do they want at this time of night.

"FUCK!"  I hear Calvin shout. 

I jump at the his yell.

He rushes back into his bedroom.

"We need to go. Right now."

"Calvin?" 

"Skylar,  get up and get dressed."

"What is going o-"

"GOD danm it Skylar!"  He shouts,  "JUST fucking listen to me for once."  He has a wounded helpless look on his face.

I shake.

"Fuck."  He looks at me,  "I didn't mean to yell.  We just need to go right now."

"Where?"

"Back to your dorm.  I don't care anywhere.  Just not here."

"Alright."  I stand up and get dressed quickly.  He rushes me into his car and we are on the street.

He stares at me