kissing in the rain

"What happened to the sun?" Moonbyul asked as you stepped out of the restaurant together, hand in hand as you walked through the city together.

You're spending the day together. It's the first one she's had off in weeks and you're enjoying spending every second by her side.

She just took you out on a lunch date and you're planning on going for a stroll through the park together next...

Or, at least you were planning on it. The sun was gone, there was a cool breeze, and the clouds in the sky were dark grey.

"What do you think we should do, baby?" She asked as she dropped your hand to put her arm around your waist so she could pull you against her side instead.

You dropped your head onto her shoulder and felt a flutter in your heart when she kissed your head softly.

You were about to answer her, part of you leaning toward taking the chance on it possibly raining and enjoying a romantic stroll through the park.

But then you realized there wasn't really a possibility of a rainstorm coming, but rather it was definitely heading your way. You didn't even get the chance to answer her, because a crash of thunder around you hit.

"Maybe we can build a blanket fort instead. Watch some movies and cuddle." Moonbyul suggested and all you could do was nod and try to walk a little faster with her, hoping you'd make it home before the storm arrived.

But only a few steps later, you felt the first drop of rainfall on your shoulder. You glanced up at the sky and then, it began to pour.

Thankfully, you weren't far from home. So Moonbyul let you go, but only for a second, just so she could take your hand instead before she started to run with you.

You were nearly home. Just another block or two and you'd finally arrive home.

But she was sure you'd arrive home a lot sooner had you not stopped walking suddenly. She looked back at you and your heart skipped beat after beat as she cracked a confused but happy smile.

Despite how grey and gloomy it was, her smile was brighter than the sun and brought you inexpressible happiness.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled as she came closer to you, her hands falling to your cheeks as her eyes deeply gazed into yours.

"There's just one thing I've always dreamt of doing. I never did it before because it never felt right. But here with you, the most special and beautiful girl, it feels perfect."

She furrowed her eyebrows slightly and parted her lips to speak, only for you to press your lips onto hers for a sweet kiss.

It was much too short for her liking. You pulled away from her lips just a couple of seconds later. Your clothes were soaked through from the rain and you worried that if you spent too much longer in it that she'd get sick.

"Why'd you stop, my love?" She whispered against your lips, her bright eyes locked with yours. You saw the look of love in them before she leaned in and you closed your eyes instinctively, just as her lips brushed against yours yet again.

You looped your arms around her neck to pull her closer as she kissed you deeply.

It all felt so romantic, even more perfect than you ever imagined it being.

As she pulled you closer, your chest filled with butterflies and her thumbs brushed along your cheeks.

You could've spent forever in that moment with her... but, of course, a crash of thunder had to interrupt it.

You jumped, breaking from the kiss with a startled gasp, only to feel comforted by the brush of Moonbyul's hand along your wet back.

"Hey, it's alright." She assured, her voice soft in your ear. "Let's go home. We'll change into something warm and cozy, cuddle, order some takeout, and watch some cozy movies. Okay?"

"Whatever we do is fine with me. I'm just happy to spend time with you." You said as you began walking home again, head resting comfortably on her shoulder as she guided you home through the pouring rain and into the comfort of your shared home, where she was sure to spoil you with love and cuddles for the rest of the day.