she comes home drunk after you have a fight (requested)

The sound of the front door opening and closing made you get up from the edge of the bed where you sat.

You walked downstairs and let out a breath of relief upon seeing Moonbyul taking off her hoodie and putting her things down.

"I'm so happy that you're home." You said as you rushed to her, throwing your arms around her neck. "I hate it when we fight. I'm sorry for not saying sorry sooner. I was worried about you."

She rubbed your back and held you tight until you pulled back.

Right away, you could tell that she was drunk. From the look in her eyes to the way she slurred her words as she told you how sorry she was too.

"You were drinking?" You asked as you rubbed her arms with your fingertips.

"I couldn't stop thinking about our fight earlier. I know we both said some things. I was worried it might be the end for us, so I tried to just drink away the pain and anxiety I felt and rid the guilt I felt for all the things I said that I so regret."

Every word she said was slurred and she was struggling to stay steady on her feet, but you held her up.

"Why didn't you come home then? I texted you and left you some voicemails! I wanted to talk things out and tell you how much I regret the things I said."

"My phone died, baby," she said before she groaned and put her head on your shoulder. "I love you. I'm sorry I've missed so many of our dates because of my schedule. I'll do better."

You rubbed her back as she leaned against you.

The entire fight revolves around that; your lack of quality time together. She's so busy that you've rescheduled date after date and she misses out on every single one of them.

You were fed up and said some things you regret, such as feeling like you're second place compared to everything else and how you feel that, sometimes, it'd be better to just end things.

And she felt so bad for agreeing and storming out.

And now, as drunk as she is, you know how much she regrets everything she said and you know that she knows that you feel the same.

"I'm sorry for saying I feel like second place. I know you're just busy and I know you don't ditch me or back out on purpose. I know these things are just out of your hands. But we'll talk more about it in the morning, as you nurse your hangover." You said as you pulled away and led her to the sofa.

"You're going to lay with me, right?" She asked, almost tearfully, because she needed to hold you tight.

"Of course." You said and laid down first, so she could easily get up and down whenever she needed.

She buried her face in your shirt.

"I really am sorry," she mumbled, sniffling quietly as she shed a tear or two, feeling guilty still despite your promises of everything being okay now.

"You're forgiven, don't worry. Just rest." You said and soothed her to sleep by playing with her hair and rubbing her back, your nails gently brushing along your skin.

"I love you, MoonStar," you smiled, staring down at her as she slept with her head on your chest. "Sleep tight."