you're sick

Moonbyul was all smiles as she walked through the door. It was only early afternoon and she managed to get a lot done today, which allowed for her to head out and head home to you earlier than usual.

Since you didn't have anything to get done today, she imagined you'd be sat on the sofa with a good film playing. But the living room was empty, as was the rest of the downstairs area. She furrowed her eyebrows but didn't give it too much thought. You've been working hard lately, too. She figured you were just up in bed.

She climbed the stairs quickly and said your name as she reached the bedroom. But you weren't in bed.

"Y/n?" She spoke as she stepped into the room, finding that the bathroom light was on and the door was closed. Knocking on the door, she said, "Baby? I'm home early!"

All she got in return was a groan falling from your lips. She could tell it was one of misery. She was about to ask you what was wrong when she heard what sounded like you getting sick and a wave of panic washed over her. She turned the knob to open the door, only you called out,

"Don't!" You whimpered. "I don't want you to see me like this."

"You're sick, y/n. I'm coming in whether you like it or not."

She opened the door and found you against the wall with your knees to your chest and your cheek resting on one of them. She walked to you and put her hand on your forehead.

"You're warm."

"I feel awful."

Before she could say another word, you were hurrying back to the toilet and throwing up once more. She held your hair back and rubbed your back comfortingly until you finished a moment later.

"You okay?"

"I feel a little better now." You said as you flushed the toilet and then leaned back against her.

"You should've told me you weren't feeling well. You could've called me, baby."

"I didn't think you'd be home early and I didn't want to bother you. I fell back asleep after you left this morning and I felt funny when I woke up but I didn't think much of it. I just thought my stomach was sore. I would've called you sooner or later... as soon as I could make it back into the bedroom, that is."

She rubbed your back and let you have a moment to catch your breath. You stood on your shaking knees and, with her help, managed to make it to the sink where you brushed your teeth and rinsed your mouth out to rid it of that gross taste.

"While we're in here," she mumbled to herself as she reached into the cabinet and grabbed the thermometer. "Let's check your temperature real quick."

She watched the numbers climb fast and sent you a sad smile when your eyes locked. It beeped and she pulled it from your mouth, sighing sadly when she saw it was at 101.

"Okay. You've got a fever. Let's get you into bed."

"I hate being stuck in bed." You pouted as you climbed under the covers.

"I know it's not fun and I know being sick sucks, but I've got you. I'm here to take care of you and keep you warm and cozy. I'll get you whatever you need and hold you as long as you want me to."

You crawled into her arms, mumbling something about how you didn't want to get her sick. But you couldn't resist how much you wanted to be held, how much you needed the warmth and security her embrace gives you.

"I'll be just fine. Go to sleep, get some rest. I'll make you some soup in a little while and I'll get you some water, too. If you feel sick, let me know."

"Okay." You whispered, already falling asleep as she played with your hair. "Thank you for taking care of me, Moonbyul. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Feel better soon." She said and watched you fall asleep with your head on her chest and wrapped cozily in her arms.