Chapter 24

Unedited. Beware of typo and grammatical errors.
__

LOVI was so stunned. Hindi pa siya naka-recover sa pagkawala ni Charlotte pero inatake na naman siya ng pagtataka pero kapayapaan, saya at pangungulila. It had been clear to her that his love for her was fake. Fake. Nilapitan lamang siya ni Roch para sa kanyang paghihiganti.

Malinaw sa kanya ang lahat! Pero bakit ganito? Bakit pareho ang takbo ng mga tibok ng puso nilang dalawa? Dinig na dinig niya ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso ni Roch. While under his arms, she could feel it. And a while ago, when there eyes met, it was longingess and love she had seen.

Hindi siya pwedeng magkamali. Ganoon ang pagmamahal na nakikita niya sa mga mata ng Papa niya kapag nakatitig ito sa Mama niya. She didn't want to believe, but her heart melted and her defenses weakened. She just believed his eyes instantly. The scorching love that was present there. The love that seemed to melt her world.

And when he said I love you, he just confirmed it. Hindi na niya kaya. Pagod na pagod na siyang pilitin ang sarili niya at kumbinsihin ito na hindi niya mahal si Roch. Dahil mahal na mahal pa rin niya ang lalaki. She shouldn't lie to herself with that. She loved being enveloped in his arms.

"Roch," she softly whispered. At nang mapagtanto niya talaga na hindi panaginip ang lahat, na niyakap siya talaga ng mga matigas na braso ni Roch, ay doon siya napalundag para yakapin din ito. "Oh my God, I miss you too."

Kung ano man ang nangyari sa pagitan ng Papa niya, naiintindihan naman niya ang salitang hustisya. Tanggap na ni Lovi ang lahat. And maybe, she was really a fool, always a fool of believing that it was love. Because it was true. It was love.

Years passed and she still longed for his touch, his embrace, his voice that could make her smile, his smell that addicted her, his smile that melted her and his kisses that filled the emptiness inside her.

She still pictured her future with him. She still hoped that he was the father that would carry Charlotte. She wanted him in her life. She ached for him so much. She wanted him to hold her like this for a lifetime or until God would allow them to be.

If it wasn't love, God knows what this was. A strong ball of fire, an emotion that seemed to lessen the burdens. She still hoped that he would love her.

"I said to your father that I was sorry. That I love you. That I don't know what is life without you."

Lovi stilled. "My father?"

"Lucian," he softly uttered. "We have talked after one year. He was so angry with me for another reason. Hindi siya galit sa akin dahil nakakulong siya. Galit siya dahil ginamit kita. For the love of God, I didn't use someone. I couldn't bare."

"You did." At doon siya pinakawalan ng binata. "I heard from Marina and Vincent. You planned it so well."

Shock flickered on his beautiful dark eyes, shaking his head slightly.

"I didn't," he sighed, remembering something—a memory of sort that he didn't want to utter because it wasn't relevant to someone. "Hindi lang sila boto na mapalapit ako sa'yo. I didn't tell them how I truly felt about you that lead them think that I used you. Wala akong panahon para ipaliwanag sa kanila ang nararamdaman ko. It will not change their views about you so why bother?"

Napabuntong-hininga si Lovi. Vincent didn't like her? Dahil anak siya ni Lucian Imperial. Only if he knew, right? Pero walang pakialam si Lovi doon. May ama siyang nakilala na sobra siyang minahal. Lucian Imperial filled the fatherly love inside her. She didn't need someone.