Chapter 25

When I wake up it's to an empty bed. Am I mad about it? Yep. I wanted morning sex. I didn't even have the chance to try my luck at blowjobs. A slow grin creeps across my face as I imagine just how to get Drazik back for this. Before I can get too far though I notice a note tucked underneath a cup of steaming coffee on my nightstand. 

        I'm sorry for leaving you so early, little one. We had preparations to make in order to leave and none of us wanted to wake you up. I hope you can forgive us. Meet us downstairs when you're ready.
P.S. There is chocolate in your coffee. 

        I take a big swig of coffee and it's better than any coffee I've had before. Usually coffee is bitter and acidic to me but this stuff is creamy and chocolaty. I think I am in love. Yes, it's official, I have found another mate and it's whatever this stuff is. I slowly enjoy this deliciousness while thinking over the rest of my dream last night. 

       Who was that gorgeous man? How did he know my name? What was that crystal rainbow cave thingy? More importantly, how did he see me at all? Was this a memory or did it happen in real time? I groan out loud and rub the bridge of my nose with my free hand. Would an instruction manual be too much to ask for? Living in this state of constant unknowns is exhausting. I've been playing with my different strengths on and off to ease the amount of magic my familiars need to help me control but it terrifies me every time. 

        When my distracted eyes catch on the new mate marked inked on my thigh though all of the distressing thoughts dissipate. The mark is absolutely breath taking. The panther is corded with muscle and sleek black fur while broken chains slough off of it and make their way down my thigh. As I look closer I see small runes placed in between chain links and I cautiously touch the largest one. I close my eyes as a curled up panther lifts it's head from a comfortable doze. I can feel it's contentment and marvel at how it feels as if I'm in the same room as him. I reach out and bury my hands in the course fur at it's neck and a deep purr resonates in my mind. 

        "What should I call you?" I ask him softly, "I need a proper name for you that isn't beast or animal or something generic and boring like that." 

         My eyes track the lean form of the panther and I suck in breath when I realize he has new runes covering left back leg and thigh. They're a slight silver that seems to shimmer against the black of his fur. The markings are in the same style as Drazik's but instead of creating a picture they simply arc across his leg in bands. 

         "Shadow." I say, not having to think too hard, "I'm going to call you Shadow." 

         I can feel his approval through whatever this connection is and I smile at him, leaning down to kiss between his eyes. 

        "I need to go figure out what the rest of these do and finish my coffee but I'll be back, I promise." I say as I give him a final scratch and pull away from the connection. As I re-situate myself in reality I take another long pull from my coffee and find one of Drazik's giant t-shirts before running my hand over another one of the runes. 

        As I do my eye sight becomes sharper as some colors fade away. Blues and violets along with some yellow and neutral colors. Seems that whatever this rune does it also happens to make me a bit red and green color blind. I get up off the bed and walk into the bathroom, coffee still in hand. When I get a good look at my reflection my jaw drops. I have cat eyes! Like my normal eyes have switched to that of a cat's. They're the exact shade of amber as Shadow's and it almost feels as if he's staring out of my eyes with me. 

        I run my hand over the rune again because the feeling is somewhat surreal and disorientating. I try another one and this one allows for me to sense where Drazik is in relation to me. He's down a floor and on the other side of the house, probably in the kitchen. So not only can I interact directly with his other half but I also have a magical low jack on him? Hell yeah! I am totally going to get those other guys mated to me if it means I can know where they are at all times. Not because I'm a creepy stalker but because someone has to keep my loveable idiots alive and obviously the powers that be have chosen me for that role.