Chapter 44

"What's wrong?" Is the first thing out of Forrest's mouth when we walk in. 

        "Um, friend, why the fuck do you have a gold star on your head?" Kieran asks at the same time and I can't help but beam up at Kei whose arms I'm nestled in. 

       Unsurprisingly it took about five minutes before Kai scooped me up, mumbling about making sure I didn't fall over. I didn't complain obviously, the man had just fucked my brains out a minute ago and I was still wobbly so ending up on my ass was a real threat. Not to mention the conversation with a literal god who also happens to be my mother, not ready to call her mom yet, still too weird. Honestly I should probably be more tired than I am right now but instead all I feel is the power that's now coursing through every fiber of my being. I never realized just how much my familiars were doing until now. I need to get them a basket of shiny things and some cookies because this is a lot of fucking power to keep contained. I can feel worry and fear start to nip at the edges of my awareness and my power rises to meet it. Just before I have a full blown meltdown though I remember the discussion with Nyx and frown, my worry forgotten momentarily.

        "Gods dammit." I say, looking up at Kei, "She didn't even answer my most important question. How the fuck am I supposed to find out who daddy dearest is if she keeps avoiding my question." 

         He just blinks at me a few times as the rest of the guys fling their own questions to my statements, "Maybe we should fill the other guys in before we get into that." 

         I pat his chest, nodding my agreement, and he sets me down. I look at Forrest first and answer his initial question, "Nothing is wrong Ro-ro. There's just been some new," I pause as I try and find the word I'm looking for, "developments since becoming fully mated."

        "Explain." He barks which has me rolling my eyes, demanding much?

        "I'm getting there, calm your tits gargoyle man." I take a deep breath and launch into the whole story, not leaving out even a detail. When I finish up everyone is just staring at me with their mouths open slightly, "So yeah, learned about asshole Gods, bridges between worlds, magical rocks, having sex with all of you simultaneously won't cause a nuclear bomb type situation thank the Gods, and I still don't know who my dad is."  

        I shrug and make my way over to the small kitchen area that is now sans table. I open up the fridge and frown as I see it empty. Can't a girl get some food after some major magic usage? Just as I think that I hear a knock at the door. My magic immediately launches itself in that direction and I realize that, once again, I can see the guy's auras. I sigh in relief as I greedily take them in. The last time I saw them was while I was incorporeal but this time round they all shine just as bright as before with some notable differences. 

       Em's is still an orangey yellow color that gives a hint into his love of mentally challenging projects as well as shows me a glimpse into his scientific, detail oriented mind. Ro-ro's is a deep wine red that shows me he's grounded, resilient, and extremely self-sufficient. Dre's a greenish blue color that matches his line of work as it tends to be the color surrounding people who have a true passion for healing others both mentally and physically. Ki-ki's is a bright orange that always fills me with a vibrant energy that matches the aura perfectly as that color denotes good health, vibrancy, and the ability to live life to the fullest. My eyes move to Kei who's aura I've never gotten a good look at and see him surrounded by an almost sky blue color that's just as vibrant as the rest of my guys. His aura doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know, that he's truthful and serene though it is nice to know his communication skills are well developed.

       Within all of their aura's now contain small slivers of purple, gold, and silver. When I turn to look in the mirror I'm shocked to find that my aura is a violet purple color that is in line with my tendency to see past everyone's shit and to the root of things, or the genuine part of a person or situation. What really surprises me though is the bursts of both gold and silver throughout. Silver simply shows me I have an abundance of both spiritual and physical wealth but the gold has emotion clogging my throat. From my reading gold always indicates the presence of divine entities that seek to protect and guide you to greatness. A part of me eases at that realization. When I move my eyes over the rest of my body I feel myself smile at the sight before me. Hovering above each mating mark within my aura is the color that I associate with my men. I can't help but move around a little bit as I watch the technicolor show take place in my mirror.