Chapter 27

"I did it!" I cry out as my arms go up in the air and a smile stretches wide across my face. "I did the whole thing by myself and didn't burn anything down!" I leave out the fact that this was my third attempt, who knew peanut butter would tear through bread like that? 

       Drazik gives me an indulgent smile, "Good job, baby." 

       "When can I graduate to something else?" I say as I hoist the beautiful creation I just made and take a large bite. "So far I got cereal and now peanut butter and jelly sandwiches down." I totally feel like I could do more. "Oh! Could I learn how to make a chocolate cake? Please?!" I give Drazik the best puppy dog eyes I can muster and watch as he starts to panic when my lip pops out in a pout. 

        "How about we try Ramen next? Boiling water seems like the next logical step." Dre says, saving Drazik from having to answer me. 

        I tilt my head in Dre's direction, "What is Ramen?" 

       "It's a noodle dish made with hot water. We'll start simple then I'll teach you how to build off of that." I nod and smile at him, still happily enjoying my new creation. 

       Watch out world, this badass knows how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches AND cereal. What next? World peace? I could probably figure that out. Before I can ask the guys the best way to accomplish that very thing Emerson walks in and gives me a smirk as I polish off the best pb&j ever made. 

       "Good job, love." He says giving me a quick kiss, "Are you ready for training?" 

       "Do I have to?" I ask. 

       It's not that I don't want to dip into any of my other abilities I'm just afraid to. Magic manipulation and dream walking? Got those down pat but everything else? I struggle. I'm sure controlling nature, turning into smoke, and walking through shadows would be flippin' awesome but every time I go to reach for them all I can think about is hurting the guys by blowing up the building or something. 

        "Yes, love, you need to." He says, "But I think you'll enjoy this lesson." He gives me a genuine smile and I can't help but take his hand. I trust these men and they trust me and my greedy ass magic for whatever reason so I just need to get over my shit already. 

        Come on Raven grow some ovaries already and woman up. 

        When I hear chuckling I realize that, once again, I said my thoughts out loud. I shrug, oh well, nothing will top giving my sex list to Drazik's mom. I smile wide at that memory. I love how shocked people are by the shit I say. Should I make it into a game? I totally think I should make it into a game. Not sure how as zero filter is just how I naturally live my life. Maybe I should just say all my thoughts out loud? Nah, that seems like way too much work. I'll just keep being me, that seems to entertain the guys to no end. 

        After I've pulled myself from my own thoughts I focus on where Em is leading me and see it's to the greenhouse. Confused I raise a brow and look at him. He just smiles softly and keeps leading me to it until we're encased in the lush greenery that he has spent countless hours cultivating. 

        "We're going to focus on nature manipulation today." He says, "I have a few seeds I've placed in each compartment of this garden tray. I just want you to make them grow." 

        "How?" I ask.

         He shrugs, "You won't know until you try. I'm sure your familiars would help." 

         I shake my head and breathe out, "They're exhausted because I can't seem to control my own magic." Then I look him up and down, "And I'm not fully mated. Why don't we work on that instead?" I ask hopefully.