Chapter 29

"Blame them." I say. 

       "What?" I hear the guys all ask in unison. 

       Could I simply lift my face from where it's smashed into the pillow? Probably, but that requires effort and I'm pretty sure my bones have turned to jelly. The only time I've looked up since the end of that training session was to say goodbye to Dre.  He had to go cover a shift at the clinic today when one of the physicians didn't show up for work. So while I miss his gorgeous nordic self, it's not fair at me to snap at the guys like I want to. Can't they see I don't want to move? The face smashing isn't because it's comfortable my dudes, it's just more effort to move my head than to breath right now. 

        I groan loudly and move my head to the side, "Blame them for tiring me out too much." I say to Forrest, pointing in the vague general direction I think Draz and Em are standing currently.

       "Blame us?" I hear Drazik say from above me on the couch, "How many times did Emerson tell you that just because you have increased strength and speed doesn't mean you should push yourself? That you weren't trained up enough to sustain that kind of exertion?" 

        "Once or twice." I say in an exasperated tone before raising my head to look at the irritably always right panther shifter. "He could have tried harder."

        "Lass," Kieran says as he comes to step up next to Drazik, "I think they could have telepathically sent the message on repeat, volume on high, and you still wouldn't have gotten it." He smiles at me, "Once an idea is in that head of yours you run with it." He points to the plants currently taking up most of the real estate in front of the windows, "Example A." Then he points to the kitten currently snuggled up on Drazik's shoulder, "Example B and last but not least," He points at me, "Example C. Should I continue?" 

        "Ugh fine." I begrudgingly state as I flop over onto my back, "You're right." I look at Kieran's smug smirk and groan internally. He looks so smug but somehow still looks downright fucking edible. Like, I kind of want to either punch him in the face or drop to my knees in front of him. Both would be good but I feel like that would be classified as some sort of sexual assault. 

         I stand and can't help it as my body stretches out, a noise somewhere between a groan and a high pitched squeal coming out of me at how good it feels to stretch my muscles. I turn towards Forrest and quickly make my way over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and giving him a slight squeeze. 

        "Ro-ro." I smile as I hear the resigned sigh that always comes with his nickname, "A whole date seems like so much right now. While I'll always find the energy to climb you like Jack climbed that beanstalk, being in public is a different story. This date is going to be away from people right?" I ask looking up at him. 

        He gives me a devilish smile that causes all the air to rush out of my lungs because gods be damned he's a handsome man, especially when he smiles. I see his lips moving but I don't register he's saying something until the last few words. I feel my cheeks heat and I bite my lower lip, looking up at him through my lashes. I'm about to ask him to repeat himself when the corner of his mouth tilts up. 

        "Did you get distracted, sunshine?"  He asks, a smugness that could rival Kieran's now evident on his face. Before I can answer he leans down and kisses me, stealing my thoughts once again, "There's no need for you to worry about the details as I've bought something for you. It's laid out on your bed for when you're done with your bath. From there I'll whisk you away." 

       I give Forrest's chest a quick kiss, since I can't reach his face without literally climbing him, before I detach myself and turn to make my way into the bathroom. As I walk past Kieran at the end of my line of men, I notice that smug sexy grin still aimed at me so I decide to fuck with him a little. In my mind I picture exactly what I want to do to him and allow it to affect my body. Just the thought of my lips around his cock has me practically dripping and when I look up at him I see his eyes have taken on that slight glow, his jaw is clenched, and his fists are tight like he's holding himself back.