Chapter 34

I wake up in the crystal cave again and call out for Kei. He emerges, sleepy and disheveled from the back room I materialized in the first time I came here and, as soon as he sees me, his eyes light up. He's wearing a pair of knitted pajama bottoms slung low on his waist and his beautifully sculpted torso is all I can focus on. He has this lithe grace to him that's more predatory than Emerson's fae gifted grace. I kind of want to fight him. Not in a bad way though. The way he moves speaks of skill I would love to see in action. There needs to be a bed nearby though. I think to myself then cringe when I finally pry my eyes away from his body and focus on his face that has a smug grin plastered on it. 

       "Why would there need to be a bed nearby, Kitten?" He asks with a sleepy heat in his eyes and I fight to shrug nonchalantly. 

       "I'd want to fuck you after I fight you, obviously." I say. And what? I mean, it's true. No way I won't climb him like a tree the minute we're done.

        He stills a step away from me as I watch the heat flare to life behind his eyes. In a very matter-of-fact voice he says, "I can guarantee you a bed is a luxury, not a necessity." 

        I shiver with delight at that mental image. I should probably introduce all the guys before I permanently make him a part of our lives but I'm honestly already all in. He is all alone here and his eyes are so hauntingly familiar. It just calls to somewhere deep inside of me that knows true loneliness, a place that all of my mates and I have experience with, in our own unique ways. 

       His chuckling brings me out of my thoughts, "Well, Kitten, it's nice to know where your priorities are." Then he sobers up, "Have you found out anything about where you are?"

        I shake my head, "Not exactly. I know we're on some sort of metal platform in the middle of the ocean. There are icebergs in the distance and daylight only sticks around for a few hours." I pause, trying to figure out how to word this last bit, "There's some sort of magic in the air. It's a wild and untamed sort of magic that I've never felt before." I sigh, "I'm sorry that's all I could find out. I spent most of my day getting out of my cell and disposing of a particular guard." 

         "And why did you have to dispose of this particular guard." He asks with a knowing tone to his voice.

          I shrug and smile savagely, "Let's just say he died trying to obtain something I would never let him have."

          He growls before nodding, "Well then it's a good thing he's dead. One less person to hunt down once this is all over."

         I smile, "Haven't killed the guy's boss though. He's the one that gave the go ahead for him to come into my cell in the first place. If you want I can leave him for you."

        "Oh I wouldn't dream of taking your fun away should you come across him." He smiles, "I am more than willing to end him for you but you have much more right to take that life than I do."

        I smile and try to leap at him for a hug but I just sail right through him and onto the floor behind him. I mutter a few colorful swear words under my breath before I stand and brush the non-existent dirt off of me.  When I look back up at Kei he's looking down at me with a soft and tender expression that makes my heart swell. Godsdammit, literally all I want to do right now is climb this man like a tree and I can't. This little fact is making me irrationally angry, honestly.

        "I will continue to search for you." He says, "Now, go back and try to get out of there. Work to get the collar off and call for me like I showed you if you can." He reaches up and hovers his hand over the side of my face, "I will see you soon, Kitten." I smile at him before nodding and closing my eyes to will myself back into my body.