Preliminary Matches(Part 5)

With team 10, "Glad that I'm not you, Choji. I mean you still got the toughest ones left and I wouldn't want to face any of them." Shikamaru points out the last 3, "That creepy guy from the Sound village. And Rock Lee's gotta be tough if he took on sasuke and especially that sand village guy. I wouldn't like to be in the same room as him.

Choji shivers in nervousness/scared, while holding the bars and going down, "I'm not feeling so good. I outta go ahead and forfeit right now..."

"Oh come on Choji, you know if you win then I could take you out for some barbecue." Asuma tells him and makes a deal.

"No way..." Choji isn't thrilled about that.

"Don't worry, if anything gets too dangerous, I'll jump in and save you like we did with Hinata, okay?" Asuma smiles and assures.

"Playing at his weak point like that?" Ino thought, unsurprised.

"Since when did he jump in and stopped the fight with Hinata anyway...?" Shikamaru thought, knowing asuma was the only sensei who didn't jump in.

Choji is now fired up after hearing the reward, "Now you're talking!!! All you can eat Steak!!! Bring it on!!!"

"He sure is lively all of a sudden." Killua sighs and eyes Choji, "So loud at that."

"The way it sounds, it's like he'll get rewarded if he wins." Wendy guesses and shrugs.

"Now that you mentioned it, there are 4 people left." Carla points out, starting with choji, "Which is him, Lee..."

"That sound ninja mummy over there and the sand guy with the gourd behind him as well." Killua adds, but is suspicious of gaara and find something off,
"His eyes are definitely pure evil and looks to be full of killing intent... but it ain't no concern to me since I've killed people before."

The other side, Kankuro sees gaara shaking in excitement, but still frowning with wide eyes, "Uh-oh... looking at that blood from the last match is getting him excited again..."

"I can sense his bloodlust..." Temari thought and notices.

"Did that last fight stir up his inner demon...?" Baki wonders.

"I'm still wondering about that neji guy." Kankuro thought, and spots naruto and gon standing at the far end, "Yeah, they just might do."

He starts walking on his way, "Hey, where are you going?" Temari asks.

"Just doing a little recon, I'll be back." He replies before going to the other upstairs and walking up to the boys, "Hey, you guys."

"Huh?" Naruto/Gon see him walking up.

"How come you're all by yourselves? You're not with you're buddies?" Kankuro asks, asking all cool.

"Oh, it's you..." Gon makes a face and isn't too thrilled.

"What's it to you?" Naruto makes the a face as well, not thrilled either.

"Well, well. Touchy." Kankuro thought before say this, "So tell me something about this guy neji. I get the feeling we didn't see the full extent of his powers in that last match, did we? So what's his story?"

"He'll get pulverized, that's what!" Naruto dramatically exclaims with a fist in the air.

"Uh, Naruto... I don't think that's what he meant." Gon sweat-drops.

"It sure wasn't since nobody asked that." Kankuro does too, "Man, this idiot is out of his league." Then says this, "You know, you two seem like nice guys. I like you."