Rematch from the hunter exam

After the last match, Naruto makes it up back to the waiting area, and Gon congratulates, "Great job on taking the win, naruto!" they high-five.

"Heehee, it was nothing." Naruto laughs/grins.

"You even have the energy to say that though it's the opposite? Tch..." Killua sighs, "Don't get where that enthusiasm come from."

"Amazing isn't it?" Wendy sweat-drops.

With the arena now cleared and Genma in the center.

"Alright." He grabs their attention, "We'll now move to the second match."

Gon and Hanzo look at each other, knowing it's them.

"The next participants, Gon, Hanzo, come on down." Genma orders.

"Okay, Hanzo-san, go win it." Yoshino said and wishes luck.

"Damn right." Hanzo nods.

"Go and give them a show, gon." Naruto said.

"Yeah, good luck,." Wendy adds.

"Make sure it doesn't turn out like last time." Killua smirks/teases.

"Oh please, you know that ain't happening. No repeats here." Gon replies, amused.

"Hold on, you fought this hanzo guy somewhere before?" Shikamaru asks.

"That's right, way back in the hunter exam. He beat me to a pulp so consider this a revenge rematch." Gon smiles determinedly.

".... If you say so I guess. Just watch your step out there." Shikmaru said anyway.

"You got this, get on down there." Killua nods.

"Believe it." Naruto agrees.

Gon nods and heads down, with hanzo already ahead.

Now down in the arena, they walk up, ready to go with serious glares.

"So it all comes down to this." Hanzo speaks.

"Sure does." Gon agrees, "Our score form the hunter exam really wasn't settled by fighting."

"Compared to that exam, in this chunin exam, we're not winning by making the other opponent surrender, including not by death or K.O or it would have disqualification. Now we're really free to win by any means necessary. Much better method."

"Got that right. It's now test of strength and seeing who's truly stronger."  Gon adds to that, nodding.

"Uh-huh? I'm confused." Naruto doesn't get it, awkwardly thinking, "Getting disqualified for at least knocking out your opponent? That doesn't make sense."

"I'm with you on that, it's a rare way of winning a match." Shikamaru agrees.

"The hunter exam we took back then did have a different way of winning matchups then usual." Wendy admits, "So I get the confusion."

"I'll explain. The rules that the hunter exam preliminaries had were winning by making the opponent surrender without knocking them out or even killing them If you did either one, then the other would have been disqualified." Killua explains.

"Seriously?!" Naruto asks, finding that unbelievable.

"Then how did you expect to fight without doing either one of those things?"  Shikamaru asks.

"Well, we either had to make our opponent surrender by beating them up badly or volunteer to surrender instead. The latter would prevent the match from dragging out too long." Wendy explains, "And also, the loser would have had to keep fighting while the winner wouldn't have too."