The Deck is Stacked

All of those who won their respective matches made their way down to the damaged area. Standing side-by-side in this order: Dosu, Uyu, Hanzo, Yoshino, Naruto, Gon, Killua, Wendy, Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, Shikamaru,  Neji, and Shino.

"I commend all those who have advanced to the finals for the third level of the chunin exams." Hayate congratulates them all, "Well, there's one person missing, but still, congratulations."

"Thanks!" Gon speaks for everyone.

Upward, "Uh... sensei?" Sakura asks, holding Carla in her arms, "I have... a question for you..."

"Is it about sasuke?" Kakashi knows what she means.

"How is he doing, anyway?" Carla asks.

".... Sorry, I don't know much about that I'm afraid." Kakashi replies to the girls, "But I wouldn't worry too much." He then thought, "From here on, it's up to you, sasuke."

"Alright, Sakura, Carla, I have to leave so I'm counting on you two to get the details about the finals." Kakashi waves a hand and vanishes out.

"Oh... okay." Sakura kinda nods.

"Don't know what that was about." Carla doesn't get it, but complies anyway.

Downward, "Here, including sasuke, we have 5 from the leaf village, 3 from the sand village, 1 from the sound village, 3 from fiore, and 3 form jappon." Lord Hokage counts out.

"Ah, well then, lord hokage, if you please..." Hayate let's him take over.

"Yes.." He steps up and starts, "Well, now I'd like to explain the main test."

"All right!!" Gon thought, pumped.

"It's about time!!" Naruto thought, pumped and determined as well.

"As I've said before, Your matches will be seen by everyone in the main event." Hokage explains, "Each of you will fight to represent the strengths of your countries. I'd like you to show off all of your powers without holding back."

"This reminds me of the grand magic games. Where each guild would compete to see who's the strongest guild in fiore." Wendy thought, compares.

"Which is why the finals will be held, 20 days from now." Hokage reveals.

"20 days?" Gon doesn't get it.

"We're not doing it here and now?" Naruto asks.

"You can say, it's break is for preparations." Hokage says.

"What do you mean?" Neji asks.

"In others words... In additions to informing all the feudal lords and shinobi leaders, this is the time needed to arrange for the event's gathering... and this is also preparation time for you exam students.

"This geezer, he always makes things complicated when he talks." Kankuro thought.

"What does all of this mean anyway?" Killua doesn't get it.

"And what're you trying to say?" Kankuro doesn't get it either.

"Yeah, I don't see what's the point of this." Hanzo adds.

After smoking, "Basically, it's a chance to get to know you're opponents and yourself." Hokage relies.

"Yourself?" Killua thought.