17

.: {🐝} :.

you gently tapped at the back of the tv remote, switching through the channels as you tried to find something that interested you.

it'd been a week since you'd 'officially' woken up, and after taking a week's worth of rest you were finally granted access to the small tv in the upper left corner of your room.

you didn't quite know what types of shows you'd liked, but had settled on a cartoon of a blue cat and orange fish. it seemed entertaining enough and captured your attention, so it was good enough for you.

you set down the remote on your lap and reached over to grab your water cup, wincing at the amount of strain it'd done to your arm (which was still sore from the injection from this morning).

it was roughly 13:22, and your family was due to visit you any minute now. they were a bit late, but you were eager to see people other than your nurses and Dr. Bradley.

just as you'd predicted, the door clicked open right as the clock ticked to 13:23, and out came your guardians and brother. you grinned, greeting them with open arms as S/N rushed in to give you a hug.

"Y/N! how're feeling? what're you watching?"

he cranes his neck to examine the telly, your guardians pulling up their chairs to sit on the opposite side of him. you greet your guardians with a smile, turning back to your brother as he began to chuckle.

"Gumball? I remember that show."

he said fondly, only for his nostalgia to be interrupted.

"Y/N, how have you been with your memory?"

you blinked at the question, sitting up properly now as S/N's attention still remained on the screen in the corner.

"oh, it's been going ok I think. we don't really do anything since the doctor wants me to gain back my memories 'naturally',"

you made air quotes at the naturally, even though nothing about this situation was really natural.

"but I've tried doing memory games with the nurses and whenever they let me I'm decent at it."

you shrugged, quickly being distracted by the telly once one of the characters let out a terrified scream. you chuckled, both guardians exchanging worried looks.

"alright then... doctor says you've been doing great with recovery! if nothing comes up you may be able to leave in as soon as two weeks!"

G/N(2) smiled, rubbing your hand comfortingly as you let out a groan. two weeks wasn't nearly soon enough, you longed to get out of this pristine and sanitized room, the scent was beginning to grow nauseating to you.

"yay."

you replied unenthusiastically, which resulted in G/N(1) letting out a laugh.

"don't worry love, those two weeks will pass by like that!"

they snapped their fingers as they spoke before turning over to S/N.