20

tw;; derealization(?) funky stuff happens with memories so be careful please!!!

.: {🐝} :.

you were bored. it'd been a week and tommy and wilbur had been visiting you almost everyday since they came. whilst it was fun everytime they visited, it gave you a hollow feeling. you felt like an imposter, intruding on someone else's life and friends. perhaps you didn't deserve your memories, and that was why they seemed to be coming back at a snail's pace. Dr. Bradley was concerned at how slow your mind was improving, and overhearing your doctor whisper hurriedly to your guardians was definitely not the most positive reinforcement.

you did hear him tell your guardians that they'd allow you to walk around the hospital soon, saying that movement may be key to regaining your memories. this excited you: walking around a place that you'd barely even explored despite living there for the past couple of months? you were on board. you expected that they'd give you the privilege today, since the nurse from this morning was acting too excited to be injecting you with your medicine.

so, while you were mindlessly scrolling on some mobile app called 'twitter', Dr. Bradley as well as your guardians entered the room with guarded grins. your doctor approached you first, pulling up a visitor's chair as your guardians follow in suite.

"Y/N, after some consideration and conversation with your guardians, we've decided that you are well-enough to move around the hospital!"

you grinned, you were always right.

"of course, you will need someone to aid and watch over you when you are out of your room, and your IV will need to remain attached, but besides that you have free-range in the hospital. the only rule is that you cannot leave the hospital, obviously. there's a lovely garden we have in the middle of the hospital that I think you'd like, so you and your little friend could head over there when he arrives."

you nodded ecstatically, agreeing to the terms. your guardians looked equally happy, albeit a little concerned but still happy. you secretly hoped that the doctor was right with movement unlocking memories, if you had to endure anymore depressed glances from your family you'd bang your head into a wall.

"thank you, Dr. Bradley! do you know when tommy and wilbur are coming?"

right as the words left your mouth, a couple of knocks as well as a door opening interrupted the calm aura. there tommy stood with a wide grin, wilbur standing behind him with a slightly embarrassed expression on his face.

"what is up big b!?"

tommy exclaimed, waltzing into the room before quickly noticing the atmosphere.

"oh... oh my god i'm sorry, is this a bad time?"

he asked, slouching slightly as he grew more anxious at the idea of bursting into an important conversation. you rolled your eyes with a smirk and shook your head.

"you're fine toms, doctor was just telling me I can walk around the hospital now!"

you watched tommy's face morph from relief into extreme excitement, Dr. Bradley stood up and out of his chair as tommy quickly took his place.

"really!? that's brilliant Y/N, do you wanna go walk around now?"

he asked, before growing nervous once again.