23

.: {🐝} :.

"i remembered something."

tommy widened his eyes at the news. his mind was racing at the possibilities, what did they remember? was it something about him? was it something embarrassing? god he hoped it was something to due with him.

"wh-what did you remember?"

he hated at how he stumbled over his words, but they simply continued to beam up at him. that damned smile was going to be the death of him one day.

"it was something about you and me!"

the teen felt himself flush, and he silently prayed to whoever was out there that it wasn't anything embarassing. Y/N continued with their recalling of the memory, unaware to the inner tormial tommy was enduring.

"we were playing minecraft, talking about seeing each other in person. i said i'd burn in your coca cola stash, and then you said they were your life source, and then i said 'aren't i your only life source?' funny, right?"

they chuckled, an odd dark hue appearing on their face accompanied by a soft smile. tommy watched them, before a thought occured to him.

are they blushing?

"yeah...that is funny. I remember that actually, it was right before your uh....accident."

they couldn't have been blushing, perhaps just a trick of the light. tommy brushed it off, choosing to focus at the sudden mood shift he'd elicited.

Y/N looked oddly saddened at the mention of the accident, almost guilty even. they gripped at their bedsheets, hands trembling as they avoided making eye contact with the teen sat beside them. his face quickly turned worried, and he leaned closer to grab at their hand.

"Y/N....? are you alright?"

they kept their eyes trained on their lap, nodding their head weakly. tommy frowned, letting out a sigh before standing up. Y/N looked up at the movement, raising an eyebrow in confusion before tommy gently pushed at their side.

"scoot over, i'm sitting with you."

Y/N shifted slightly, trying to hide their face even tommy had already seen. their eyes were red and puffy, as if they were about to spill out with tears. he ignored the fact that half of his butt was actually on the bed and turned to Y/N.

"i've already seen you... but I don't know how to help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

he whispered gently, causing them to turn to him with a weak smile.

"it's kinda stupid.... i just feel like i don't really belong."

they wiped away a few tears that were already pooling at the corner of their eyes, and all tommy could do was watch. he chewed on his bottom lip, turning to look them in the eyes.

"what do you mean by that?"

he asked softly, Y/N turning to look at him as well before responding.

"like.. i just don't know things that i should and i never will. like i've taken over someone else's body that doesn't belong to me. i know i lost my memories and all, but i just feel like i'm intruding on a stranger's life."

they began to cry again, quiet tears dripping down their face as they explained their emotions. tommy frowned, suddenly fearing that his behavior could've made them think they weren't meant to be there. while his mind wanted to criticize him for being a shit friend, his body acted otherwise and engulfed the crying teen in a hug. Y/N gasped slightly at the sudden gesture, but slowly began to hug him back.

"look Y/N/N, i don't know how helpful this is but, i'm so glad you're here. you are meant to be here, and you ARE Y/N. don't let anyone ever think that you're not just because you don't remember them. i..."

love you.

"... am really glad that you're breathing and alive. and i'll always be by your side no matter what."

he ended his small spiel by burying his blushing face into their shoulder, listening to Y/N's heart race. they let out a small sob and held him tighter, as if trying to get closer even though they were as close as you could get.

"thank you tommy, you're the best."

their small voice choked out from behind him, and tommy chuckled as he felt his own heart begin to beat faster.

"i know i am."

.: {🐝} :.

note;;
sorry this is bad and not as long as my chapters usually are aaa
took a break bc i had my last AP test and my birthday was last saturday, one year till i'm thrown out into the wild and it's scary :/
anyways, i have one more week of school so I probably won't be updating until then, also a show i like comes back on june 12th so may not update immediately but I will begin to update more once summer is in full swing!!
alright bye have a nice day drink water 💕