9 - two-faced bastards

This would be pretty boring so I apologize in advance. I'll just expand George's past on why he hates when people judged him and the other reason he changed his school.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

George's POV:

-Junior Year-

It's all fun and good with my whole high school experience. Boys and Girls flirting with me every day. Having good grades and being a star player in basketball despite my height.

You can't avoid the hatred and jealousy of some students if you're me. I just dismissed those eyes as I know myself I'm loved by the most compared to those who hate me.

Not until....my girlfriend of two months came up to the school, crying. She claimed that I abused her and forced her to do something out of her will.

She even gave some details to her lies, saying that I practically raped her that weekend.

"He's showing his true colors now huh?"

"I knew something's off in him."

"Yeah right, it disgusts me that I liked him before"

"How can he do that? Does he have no guilt left in him?"

"Our Loverboy's too horny~"

"How many do you think his victims are?"

"I'm so lucky I didn't date him"

In just one day, the whole school turns around me. My now ex-girlfriend changed schools the very next day. I didn't even get a chance to explain my side. They just completely believe the lie that they heard.

I can't even go to school without someone shoving me to the lockers. I can fight back if I want, but I just felt numb at the moment. All whispers were all about me, the stories got exaggerated day by day. I'm fortunate that the rumors didn't reach my mum.

The only one that took my side was my friend Niki and Minx. They posted and showed some photos of me with them, hanging out in the mall the day my ex-girlfriend claimed I harassed her.

The other one who believes me from those times was Kyle, he was always there with me whenever I have panic attacks, he embraced me tightly to calm me down.

I mistook my longing for a friend for love that I ended up in a relationship with him. The whole time with him was the worst days of my life. He always said that I'm worthless and I'm not enough. His line was always so repetitive yet still played inside my mind.

"No one believes you"

"I'm the only one on your side"

"If you break up with me, who do you think would want someone like you"

"The only one who can help you is me"

He always says things like that and I began to feel self-conscious as he also started to point out about me being thin, small, and ugly. I felt so small.

I knew to myself that I wasn't but I can't help to notice and overthink every little thing that I would think nothing about before.

I became bothered by my appearance and my every movement. I thought to myself that even a small wrong move, they'll have a say to them. I need to be perfect just like before, even though I know that I'm still the same, except for how the way I look at things.

Before, people's thoughts about me don't affect me at all but that's not the case right now. I was just used to being praised and not hated by the most that it overwhelmed me.

Niki and Minx slowly proved my innocence entirely after a month, as the school started to believe all the evidence the two shows. They discovered my ex-girlfriend was a pathological liar and has a history of her slandering.

I'm so grateful to have Niki and Minx as my friend.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Minx and Niki called me to come to their shared apartment and that they have something important to say to me. I told my boyfriend, Kyle, that I would be absent for today and he could go on his own.

I knock on the address that they texted and was met by a warm smile from Niki that I would never get tired of. She quickly embraced me and I did the same.

We joke around for a while, playing some board games and video games. It's the first time I felt that happy for a while after all those things that happen and I just let myself enjoy the moment.

The fun and games ended as the two decided to talk to me seriously.

"George, we found out about those who planned those things to you and..." Niki started hesitantly, her voice soft as always.

I already knew that it was all planned to dirtied my reputation and I was sure of it that it was those pricks who hated me and are jealous of me.

"We all knew some bitches hate your guts right? Well, your boyfriend planned it with them." Minx continued, straight to the point.

"You should break up with him George," Niki said.

I felt mad to hear that but not that much since no one knew his true colors better than me.

"Yeah, I was planning to from the start anyway. This just added the reason to do it" I smiled at them to not let them worry anymore.

They cheered for a while and we proceeded to play again and ended up me staying for the night.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

I broke up with Kyle the next day, calling him a 'manipulative bitch' in front of the school. Day by day, more and more people are asking for forgiveness and say I should just forget about it. I just said it's not their fault at all and they don't need to feel bad.

'These two-faced bastards! Fuck you, who said I'll just let it go'

It all happened so fast and the school continued like nothing happened at all. They started to flirt again with me and I took noticed that most of them were the first ones who turned their backs at me. Of course, I said nothing to it.

I don't want things like that to ruin me. I'll pretend nothing happened but I won't forget that happened.

I started to build up my confidence again, together with Minx and Niki. The scars it left me were still healing. They always praised my looks like I'm the most gorgeous person they saw. They treated me with care like I'm the most fragile thing in the world.

I made up my mind to transfer and start a new life. I don't want to be stuck another year with this pest.

I ask my mum to transfer me where my cousin, Sapnap, went right away but she asked me to stay and finished my junior year here and I just agreed since I'm not ready to leave Niki and Minx yet.

That's when I planned to change myself a little bit and kept myself away from people's attention to my new school. I don't need those.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

1180 words