13 - jealousy

George's POV:

It was a chilling afternoon, people chattering could be heard inside the cafe, along with the occasional ringing of the bell every time someone came in.

"You kept your promise that we'll meet again so I'll pay," I said to him to his protest.

Techno ordered a lava cake for himself and macaroons for me. We talked for a while, laughing at each other's funny experience. He took a bite of his lava cake then began to feed it to me, he said he doesn't like sweets that much.

I didn't refuse since It tastes so good that I forgot my macaroons. He seems to enjoy feeding me as I saw him with a satisfied smile.

When he was about to feed me another bite, a cough from our left interrupted us. Then I saw Sapnap and the boys behind him. 'Well, this is embarrassing' .No one said anything until Karl emerged from the back.

"George! We were just talking about you" He giggled while hugging me.

'Weird. I thought they'll avoid me until I explained myself'

Then my eyes landed on Wilbur, nervously looking from afar, avoiding eye contact with me.

'Definitely not sus'

"Hi, guys!...can I talk to Wilbur for a little bit?" Wilbur then widened his eyes.

I tugged Wilbur far away from where the boys could hear us.

"Ok, how much did you tell them?"

"Umm- I didn't tell them much. I just said I'm friends with Niki who happened to be your friend too and confirm you didn't date all those people from the pictures"

He spoke fast, if I'm not British then I probably wouldn't understand what he said with his accent.

"Sorry, I just don't want them to think badly of you but It seems that I crossed the line"

I saw the guilt in his eye and I know he meant it.

"No, It's fine. To be honest, I should thank you since it wouldn't be too hard to explain to them now" I assured him.

"By the way, I told the boys except for Dream. I thought you two talk it out alone" He added.

"Oh... yeah, you're right"

We came back to the boys, seeing that they must have moved their food to the table next to Techno and mine. We eventually occupied two tables, Dream and Wilbur joining on ours.

"Oh right! George, Karl told us you played the guitar?" Bad started, sitted from the other table.

"A little bit, yeah. It's been a long time though" I stated.

"Bad needs to win the band competition from the camp trip and we need another guitarist," Sapnap said and then Skeppy continued.

"We were thinking if you could join? Pleaseee"

I was hesitant at first but they guilt trip me, saying bad would fail a class if they lose. Then someone unexpectedly joined the persuasion.

"You should just join" Dream muttered.

"S-sure, anything for Bad"

Then they cheered with that, Karl dancing, doing a wave thing in his arms and Sapnap clapping so loud, disturbing the other customers that we were asked to leave the cafe.

It's currently Thursday and the camp was on the weekend so we decided to stay the night at Dream's house and skipped our first class the next morning. We are going to decide which song we're going to play and hang out for a while.