10 - sorry

Clay's POV:

-Present-

I woke up early than I expected considering that I stay up all night, thinking about what happened yesterday. Groaning and accepting my fate, I slip out of my blanket, the sudden breeze brushing my bare skin resulted in me shivering.

Flashbacks from what happened the day before hit me as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Placing a bowl on the table, putting the cereal first before the milk like normal people do.

I decided to scroll through social media to set aside the thoughts that were eating me up all night. Seeing numerous unread messages from the girls who want to hook up with me yet not a single one from the boy I like.

It was still ten minutes early but I decided to change clothes and made my way to school since I have nothing else to do, also an attempt to avoid George.

I'm still not ready to face him after all of that. I dont how to act and what to say in front of him. Should I avoid him entirely? 'No, no, I can't handle that'. Should I just talk to him?

I felt bad since I never gave him a chance to explain. But what is there to explain anyway? I saw it with my own two eyes, him, kissing the new guy, Kyle, that I found out was his ex. They were caught red-handed, he'll just trick me again if I listened to his excuses.

I was sauntering along the hallway when I heard a muffled voice ahead of me. Stopping for a second, hearing the familiar British accent.

As I said before it was still quite early and this specific hallway I was walking on was always empty during this time. And the particular British boy I know always ended up sleeping in by 'mistake' EVERYDAY, it was new for him to be in school these early.

Then I turned around the corner, I saw George with two girls in front of him, surrounding him against the wall.

I heard George says "Fuck off" or something before trying to leave just to be yanked back to the wall by the blonde girl. He let out a little yelp but stood still after a moment.

"You hoe, stop leeching off with Dream. You might infect him with your gayness, Loser." The other girl said with disgust.

"Yeah right, he thinks he's the same level with Dream. He won't like you that way, you fa-" The blonde added, stopping before she could say the slur, knowing fully well in today's world, he would immediately get canceled if someone hears her say it.

George just rolled his eyes and tried to walk away for the second time when the blonde took what I believed the iced coffee of the other girl and spilled it to George's shirt. From the look that was on George's face, I just knew these girls were gonna be so dead.

"Ok, That's it!" George slapped the blonde girl so fucking hard that it left a hand mark on her cheeks, and shoved the other girl next, hitting her sorry ass to the floor. I cringed at the sound of the slap, it was loud enough to echoes through the hallway.

I was intending to just watch the whole scene but when George turned his back around them, the two girls stood up and were about to throw their thick books, so I stepped in before they could.

I may be mad at George but I still won't let them hurt him. Those books would probably cause him to bleed.

"Stop it" I ordered.

The two girls saw me and scattered away, embarrassed, and I walk towards George, pulling out my hoodie to offer for him, seeing that his clothes were drenched with coffee but he stopped me.