Chapter 12

(I rlly gotta start proof reading my chapters damn 😩)

I pushed the front door open , I was laughing with Mary.

My laughter died down as I looked around , there were two cops stood in the living room talking to my dad.

"...dad?" I looked at him confused , I realised he had tears streaming down his face.

"..hey girls..can you come sit please ?"

=======================

I stared at my father in shock , Mary was crying into her hands.

"...but she said she wouldn't do that again ?" I asked quietly.

"Baby...I really tried to stop her , ...but you know what your mother was like with Russian roulette. " my father looked like he was in so much pain.

I said nothing , I felt Mary lean slightly against my shoulder. I put one arm around her and held her close.

====================

I wasnt crying , well more couldn't. I think it was the shock.

"But - but she promised!!" Mary sobbed.

"...we knew it was gonna happen one day - but I don't understand-..." I whispered.

"There are some things we can't understand. " my father stood up and put his coat on.

"We're are you going ?" I asked confused.

"I still have a company to run. Look after yourselfs girls I'll see you soon. "

He walked to the door , I got up and ran after him.

"OUR MOTHER JUST DIED - YOU CANT JUST LEAVE !" I pleaded with him. It was like a switch had flicked in his mind to turn off him emotions.

He shook me off and gave me a harsh glare. "Stop being a baby. "

I watched him leave , slamming the door behind him.

"...Yn..?" Mary walked over to me , compared to her normal bragging self , she looked like a scared child.

This is when the tears started

"-what do we do

"-what do we do..?" She asked me , she couldn't see the fact I was crying as I was facing the door that had been slammed in my face.

"...I..I don't know ..." I muttered. I turned slightly to face her , her eyes widened as she saw the broken expression on my face.

"I don't know Mary...I-..I'm sorry -" she ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"We will find something I -..I promise !!"