.THREE.

"i think kai is quite nice", Soobin spoke out to his friend after the two had been left alone. "just kai?", Beomgyu then started talking. the older turned to his friend before lightly smiling. "the other two.. they might take a bit longer to warm up to us but i believe they will".

"and what makes you think they will? Taehyun stole something the moment he stepped foot on this island". Soobin just sighed before standing up. "they just don't know right from wrong, they've lived their whole lives as villains, Beomgyu".

the brunette then scoffed before also standing up. "you're reaching if you ever think i'll get along with them"

———

"this is so cool!", Huening Kai jumped around the room excitedly while the other two were stuck unpacking their belongings. "i know you're excited, Kai, but could you at least help us?". the youngest of the three stopped hopping around and quietly nodded before helping.

not even a minute later a knock was heard on their rooms door. the three boys looked up at each other and Taehyun stood up, grabbing a piece of gum on his way to the door. he then opened it to reveal Soobin standing there with a bright smile and a less interested Beomgyu behind him.

Taehyun looked at the two with an indifferent stare. Soobin took that silence as a chance to start talking. "hello Taehyun!", he then peeked his head further into the room and saw both Yeonjun and Huening Kai sitting on their assigned beds.

"and you two! tomorrow is monday which means you will be starting at our university! the three of you will have different classes to everyone else because-", "because what? are we too dangerous?". it wasn't until then that they noticed Yeonjun who had walked over to the door.

Soobin immediately shook his head. "no, of course not! just think of it as, you would be more focused in a class by yourselves. but don't worry, your breaks will be at the same times as the rest of the university so you are free to mingle with whoever".

a smirk formed onto Yeonjun's face as he glanced over at Taehyun, who was busily chewing on a piece of gum. he then turned back to look at Soobin again. "anyone?". the prince could sense something off in Yeonjun's tone of voice but decided to ignore it.

"if you would like, Beomgyu and i don't mind you joining us". at those words, the said boy shot his head up with wide eyes. "who said i agreed to that?". it was now Taehyun's turn to softly smirk as he made eye contact with beomgyu and took a step closer.

"i would love to sit with you, Beomgyu-ssi.. or do you not like me?". the red head tilted his head with a sarcastic pout and the boy in front of him was speechless. "guys cut it out!". the moment was cut off when Huening Kai finally came over to the door.

it was obvious how Soobins face lit up at the sight of the youngest boy. "i am really sorry for their behaviour", Kai just grabbed his two friends wrists before pulling them closer into the room again. he then sighed to himself before turning to face Soobin and Beomgyu.

"i honestly don't know how i made friends like them". a few mumbles and objections were heard from the two inside the room and Soobin just let out a light laugh. "well, we'll see you three tomorrow?". Huening Kai nodded with a smile before closing the door.

once the door shut, he turned to the other two with a blank expression. "if you two keep up like this we'll be sent back before we even get to steal the crown!". Yeonjun laughed before wrapping his arm around Kai's shoulder. "and here i was thinking you had gone all nice on us".

———

"and what is the answer to this question? you see a diamond ring fall from someone's pocket. do you, A, run after them and give it back. B, take it for yourself. or C, take it to the lost and found". the teacher looked between the three villains and sighed deeply.

Yeonjun was on the edge of falling asleep, leaning his head in his arms. Taehyun was playing with a small bouncy ball he stole from someone on his way to the class. and finally, Kai was slightly paying attention but was mainly focused on doodling onto the paper in front of him.

the three were cut out of their trances when the door to the room opened to reveal a boy who seemed around their age. he looked afraid to be in the same room as them. his shoulders were raised and he tried his best to not make eye contact with any of them.

"ah! Heeseung, what brings you here?". the three watched as 'Heeseung' whispered something into their teachers ear. hesitantly, the woman nodded before looking back towards the villains. "well boys, it's time for your break. make sure you're back in this room after an hour".

just as they went to stand up, she stopped them and also grabbed the wrist of the boy who had walked into the room. "Boys! this is Lee Heeseung! he is the son of Rapunzel and Eugene!". they all looked at Heeseung, who seemed to look everywhere but towards them.

"Heeseung, please lead these boys to the courtyards". the said boy nodded before coughing and walked towards the exit. the three boys took this as a sign to also leave so they quickly followed Heeseung out of the classroom. "hey kid!". at those words, Heeseung stopped in his tracks.

Yeonjun caught up to him and wrapped his arm around the poor boys shoulder. "you're not scared of us right? i promise we're not scary.. me at least". Huening Kai spoke with an awkward laugh as he stood next to the boy. all Heeseung could do was nod.

a second later, Taehyun had linked his arm around Heeseung's arm and began walking. "how old are you?". he started a conversation with the, seemingly mute, boy. "19..". Taehyun let out a small "ah" at the answer, and they finally saw the courtyards come into view.