.EIGHT.

"why do you insist on taking me on dates? we see each other almost every day". Taehyun whined as Beomgyu continued dragging him towards a flat rock near a waterfall. a small picnic blanket was laid on the hard floor and a few cushions were placed down on top of it.

the only sounds heard were the two boys footsteps on the stone floor and the waterfall splashing in the background. Taehyun hadn't seen anything more beautiful in his life. other than Beomgyu of course. but he would never admit that. "i know you love these dates, don't deny it"

Beomgyu sat down on one cushion, pulling Taehyun down to sit on the other at the same time. "but i don't- mmh", before Taehyun could finish his sentence, Beomgyu had softly placed his hand over the youngers mouth. a smile was plastered onto Beomgyu's face as he pulled his hand away.

"today, we swim". the older then stood up and began lifting up his shirt. Taehyun jumped up and stopped him with wide eyes. "what are you doing?!". Beomgyu rolled his eyes playfully and grabbed Taehyun's hands which were on the bottom of his shirt.

"i don't want to get my shirt wet, do i?". the two stood in silence before Taehyun stepped away with a small sigh. Beomgyu noticed the sigh and concern washed over his face. "what's wrong?". he grabbed Taehyun's chin and lifted his face up, the villain surprisingly not pushing him away.

"back on the isle we- because we're trapped on an island, we never learned how to swim". his voice came out in a soft whisper and all Beomgyu could do was smile again and grab the youngers wrist. "well, why don't i teach you!"

Taehyun's eyes widened once again and he shook his head quickly. "no i'll just.. watch you from the side". Beomgyu just shrugged before stepping back and reaching to take off his shirt again. Taehyun immediately looked away when he saw what the older was doing.

he caught a glimpse of the older boys abs before fully turning away and his mind immediately focused on how toned they were. he was then snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a loud splash. Beomgyu had jumped into the lake. he turned around and sat back down onto one of the cushions.

he then looked out over the lake to try and see where Beomgyu was, but he couldn't see the boy anywhere. Taehyun began squinting his eyes to help him find the older male, yet he had no luck. he didn't know why his heart started beating faster and how he was filled with.. worry?

a few more seconds of silence went by and Taehyun couldn't take it. he stood up again while continuing to look around the lake to try and at least catch some sight of the older. nothing. many scenarios played through his mind and without a second thought, he jumped into the lake.

the second his body landed in the water, he panicked. his mind was so filled with finding Beomgyu that he had completely forgotten about the fact that he couldn't swim. he kicked his legs to try and stay above water but all he was doing was sinking further.

right when his head was almost submerged fully, a hand wrapped around his waist and pulled him out of the water. the villain coughed continuously as the person carried him back to the picnic blanket. he then opened his eyes to see it was Beomgyu who was carrying him.

when the older let him go, Taehyun immediately whacked his shoulder and coughed once more. "you shit! i thought you had drowned or something!". Beomgyu just chuckled as he pulled a towel out of a bag. "and you decided to try and save me? even though you can't swim?"

Taehyun then mumbled something under his breath as Beomgyu sat next to him. "what was that?". the older spoke with a teasing tone. Taehyun then rolled his eyes and made eye contact with Beomgyu. "i said, you could have at least thanked me for worrying"

a smile made it's way onto Beomgyu's face and he wrapped the towel around his and Taehyun's bodies. "hey, at least you faced your fears". Beomgyu then leaned closer into Taehyun, their shoulders now pushed tightly together. "why are you doing this?"

Beomgyu looked over at the younger with a confused expression. "doing what?". Taehyun let his head fall back and rest on the wall behind them. "taking me on all these dates". Beomgyu lightly laughed before also resting his head onto the wall.

"because i like you, silly". Taehyun could feel his body heat up after hearing those words and he closed his eyes for a second before opening them again and looking up at Beomgyu who was already looking at him with an endearing smile. "no you don't"

a soft pout then formed on the olders face as he stared down at Taehyun. "why would i say that if i didn't?". the villain let out another sigh before looking away and back out at the lake. "you seem to like me back.. am i wrong?".

"yes, you are-", Taehyun couldn't finish his sentence as he felt something soft poke at his cheek. he turned back around to Beomgyu, only to see a bright smile plastered on the olders face. "you're blushing! oh my, you do like me back!"

Taehyun couldn't take it anymore and stood up, the towel falling from his shoulders. "can you stop! you don't like me! you're under a stupid love spell! so what if i do actually like you back?! you're just going to go back to hating me once it wears off!"

he let everything out in one breath, not thinking about the words he was saying. it all hit him after he saw the shocked expression on Beomgyu's face. Taehyun then turned to walk away out of embarrassment but Beomgyu grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug.

"i've known about you putting me under a love spell.. for a while now.."