.FIFTEEN.

everyone was gathering around and inside the palace as Prince Soobin was getting ready to be crowned as king. Yeonjun, Taehyun, Beomgyu and Kai were all sat near the front as requested by Soobin. bells soon started ringing throughout the inside hall and everyone stood up.

the large doors on one end then opened and Soobin stood there with a smile on his face. the audience of people, inside and outside, all began cheering for the soon to be king. when Yeonjun looked over at Soobin, his jaw physically dropped. in the time he had known the prince, he had never seen him dressed so beautifully.

he watched Soobin's every step as the younger made his way towards the king, who was standing by the crown. the cheers became quiet once the prince made it to the front and the ceremony was now beginning. a small speech was said by the king as everyone took their seats.

it wasn't long before Soobin was kneeling down and the king was removing the crown from his head. the king then turned to Soobin and gave his son a soft smile. it seemed like the king had whispered something to the prince but no one heard what he said.

the crown was then slowly being placed onto Soobin's head. once the piece of gold landed on Soobin's head, everyone was back up off of their seats and cheering once again. Heradia now had a new king!

———

soft music blasted through the whole ballroom as people were either talking with their friends or dancing with their partners. Yeonjun, Taehyun and Huening Kai were all stood off to one corner with drinks in their hands, watching as Soobin and Beomgyu were laughing about something together with the former king and queen.

"what are you waiting for, jun? go and ask Soobin to dance with you!". Taehyun spoke with a teasing smile. Yeonjun quickly shook his head and took another sip out of his drink. "he looks busy, i'll just wait". right as he said that, it seemed as if Soobin had finished his conversation and had begun walking over to the three villains.

Taehyun's smile only grew and Kai playfully hit Yeonjun's shoulder. Soobin made it to the three with Beomgyu behind him. Taehyun walked up to Beomgyu and whispered something in the olders ear before dragging him off. Kai then made up an excuse of wanting another drink, which led him to walk off too.

that left both Yeonjun and Soobin alone together. "hi". Soobin broke the silence and Yeonjun finally looked up from his glass. "hi". silence. Yeonjun lightly coughed before placing his glass down on the table next to him. "do you uh- do you want to me dance- i mean-"

Soobin let out a laugh at the olders slip up and Yeonjun could feel his cheeks heating up. "dance with me- i meant". Soobin's laughter slowed down and he nodded. "i'd love to dance with you, Yeonjun". the king stuck out his hand gracefully, which Yeonjun took with a smile.

the two slowly made their way to the middle of the ballroom floor. Soobin then placed his arms around Yeonjuns shoulders while the older just stared at him. "i'm going to be completely honest, i've never danced like this before".

Soobin let out another laugh that made Yeonjun's heart skip a beat. "here, i'll teach you". Yeonjun just nodded as he felt Soobin grab his hands and move them to the correct place. Soobin then led Yeonjun through the basic steps of the dance, giggling a little every time the older messed up.

soon they got into a steady rhythm. Yeonjun was going over the steps in his head so much that he didn't realise he was about to- "ow!". the villain broke out of his trance and looked up at Soobin who had a look of pain on his face. it was at that moment Yeonjun realised he had stepped on the youngers foot.

"oh my god! Soobin i'm so sorry i didn't mean to-". Yeonjun couldn't finish his sentence as he felt a soft peck on his cheek. did Soobin just kiss him on the cheek?! he could tell that he was blushing because Soobin giggled again. oh how that giggle does things to Yeonjun's heart.

Yeonjun stared at Soobin in shock and the younger also had pink stained cheeks. what he said next not only shocked the king, but also shocked himself. "i like you". Yeonjun spare hand immediately flew up to his mouth and he covered it in awe. did he really just say that out loud.

Soobin's smile had also dropped slightly and he too was in awe. Yeonjun then felt extremely embarrassed so before Soobin could say anything, he let go of the younger and walked out of the ballroom. he didn't know where he was wandering inside the castle but he knew it had to be anywhere but near Soobin.

he didn't think his heart could take the rejection so if he had to hide for the next week, that's what he would do.

back in the ballroom, Soobin was stood in the middle of the ballroom floor dumbfounded. he looked over to the door Yeonjun had ran out of and was about to go after the older but felt something holding him back. he looked behind him and saw Huening Kai with a worried look on his face.

"what happened?". Soobin let out a deep sigh and walked over to the nearest seat before falling onto it. Taehyun and Beomgyu now joined the two, also with worried looks. "he said he likes me.." the three's worried expressions turned into excitement.

"that's good! right? didn't you plan on confessing to him after the night ended anyway?". Soobin nodded before sitting up straight. "yes! i was going to, but he walked off before i could even respond". Taehyun rolled his eyes before placing his drink on the table.

"i swear to god Choi Yeonjun!". Beomgyu and Kai let out quiet laughs at the villains reaction. the three then turned back to Soobin. "you need to find him and confess because otherwise, he's going to hide from you for as long as he can, or until you forget what he said".

Kai's words made Soobin immediately stand up and run towards the exit. he was finding Yeonjun no matter how long it took him.

———

AAAAHHHHH WE'RE NEAR THE END!! next chapter will be the last chapter of this book 😭😭 i really hope you've all enjoyed this one! be sure to check out my profile for other stories! i am currently working on 'love, but at what cost?' which is inspired by the hunger games!! i really enjoy writing that book so i would be so grateful if you checked it out!